• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,123 posts in this topic

Some of his other ones went cheap but I already had them. I wouldn't have minded picking them up for a bargain. Congrats, that's a nice one.

Yeah, his books skipped over everything else I needed. I was bummed because he listed so many nice books. I didn't see where any of the others ended up.

As for this book, I'm really happy. It's been a weird book for me to acquire.

There are a bunch of DDs on CLink and Comic Connect auctions coming up. DD7 is elusive in high grade. I don't see it put up very often.

The DDs in the ComicLink auction are really strong, for sure.

Some of his other ones went cheap but I already had them. I wouldn't have minded picking them up for a bargain. Congrats, that's a nice one.

Yeah, his books skipped over everything else I needed. I was bummed because he listed so many nice books. I didn't see where any of the others ended up.

As for this book, I'm really happy. It's been a weird book for me to acquire.

Congrats Rob!

There are a bunch of DDs on CLink and Comic Connect auctions coming up. DD7 is elusive in high grade. I don't see it put up very often.

I won the #5 CGC 9.4 and the #84 CGC 9.6 (Mass copy) last night :headbang: The 84 was painful

And then... drumroll... a #4 CGC 9.4 White showed up in my Metropolis Want List matches this morning. I just bought it without submitting an offer. It went for the same as the last GPA sale ($1375), but the last one at ComicLink (After the TV announcement) went for $1635 (with me dropping out either as the under-bidder of just below) so I just (shrug) and bought it.

I now need:

Which will be the last book?

I won the #5 CGC 9.4 and the #84 CGC 9.6 (Mass copy) last night :headbang: The 84 was painful

And then... drumroll... a #4 CGC 9.4 White showed up in my Metropolis Want List matches this morning. I just bought it without submitting an offer. It went for the same as the last GPA sale ($1375), but the last one at ComicLink (After the TV announcement) went for $1635 (with me dropping out either as the under-bidder of just below) so I just (shrug) and bought it.

I now need:

...pretty sure last GPA on DD 4 was also a Metro book...... 1375 was a bargain for that one, it was a very solid 9.4. The Marvel Art Preview copy of DD 3 went for 400+ ...but those M.A.P. copies really are deserving of the hype. I've snagged a couple and they really stand out next to another copy of the same issue. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I now need:

...pretty sure last GPA on DD 4 was also a Metro book...... 1375 was a bargain for that one, it was a very solid 9.4. The Marvel Art Preview copy of DD 3 went for 400+ ...but those M.A.P. copies really are deserving of the hype. I've snagged a couple and they really stand out next to another copy of the same issue. GOD BLESS...

For sure. I didn't even submit an offer for fear of losing it. What's $50 when the alternative is not getting it and spending $500 more the next time one comes around.

Clink also sold a 9.4 in a fixed listing at $1700 shortly before the auction. I always thought that single digit issues of Marvel mainstream characters for less than 2K seemed like a good value..... and Daredevil has been a fan fave for years..... probably the last run that can be put together without having to prostitute yourself. When I was deciding whether or not to go for a 9.6 copy of #4 I was surprised at how seldom they've changed hands...... that and the cool arse cover that I always loved cinched it for me... GOD BLESS....

...is it just me, or does $ 670 for a white paged 8.5 copy of #2 seem cheap ?

...finding a 9.4 copy of DD 7 without the printer's wrinkle would take a LONG time..... It would really be hard to guess which will be your last. I know HG copies of #20 used to be challenging in the raw days...... GOD BLESS...

...finding a 9.4 copy of DD 7 without the printer's wrinkle would take a LONG time..... It would really be hard to guess which will be your last. I know HG copies of #20 used to be challenging in the raw days...... GOD BLESS...

I guess it will be #7. That's the obvious one, but one could show up tomorrow as easily as one could show up in a year.

Rob congrats on all your books my man!! :headbang:

Quite the fricken haul - quantity yes.....but quality, awesome as per your usual. #4 #5.... Hello!! (worship)

As for your #84 :applause:

Don't feel too bad about the price, I remember paying for some reason a lot for my 9.6. Must have been somebody else who wanted it too. Maybe it's a toughy on the census, have never checked, perhaps not too many 9.6s. I just wanted a 9.4, but one never would surface besides an ow I recall. It was via an auction I won it also.

You have a 9.6, beautiful looking copy and a Mass Ped too boot - don't ever mull over what you paid for it, cause that is s Bute!!

As for your #7, you are so right with that book.

It easily could be tomorrow that one comes forth you never know. I just remember around the time I bought mine, leading up to and after my acquisition from Roy, it seemed like when it rained it poured with 9.4s than.

Personally speaking....

(might have already stated in this thread to you or someone else, so forgive me) besides the three 9.6s: Josh's old 9.4 Western Penn => Doug's 9.6 West. Penn => new owner?, than Mike's GORGEOUS 9.6 he owns (worship) , than the other 9.6....I've never seen nor know who owns it (you probably know)

......the 9.4 that Rube once owned:(, and there was one in particular of Roy's flurry he brought forth to CGC, that was imho, the prettiest 9.4 curb appeal wise & structurally I have ever seen. Man it was a flawless looking copy. No clue how it wasn't a 9.6. Maybe it upgraded to the mystery 9.6 for all I know - it was that purdy!!

Those two 9.4s I feel would look perfect in your best of the best set.

Best of luck on shutting out your set Rob.

Which btw, I coin your set upon completion..........

"Rob's Daredevil Art Review Collection" :acclaim: