• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,124 posts in this topic

Personally, I can't tell what's going on with prices. Many of the books I'm going for right now are on the tougher end of the spectrum for the past few years (fewer sales relative to the surrounding numbers) so I can't really get a feel for those. If I get outbid at 2x the last GPA sale then that could just mean someone else has been waiting for the book to appear for 4 years like I have.

#4 is hot right now, for sure (even though i got a good price)

On the other hand, I was happy with what I paid for my #2 and #3 so it's not like I've been seeing the same competition there.

What will I end up paying for 9.4 #1? What will I end up paying for a 9.4 (or stopgap 9.2) #7? Beyond what my bank account thinks that's going to be interesting.

Personally, I can't tell what's going on with prices. Many of the books I'm going for right now are on the tougher end of the spectrum for the past few years (fewer sales relative to the surrounding numbers) so I can't really get a feel for those. If I get outbid at 2x the last GPA sale then that could just mean someone else has been waiting for the book to appear for 4 years like I have.

On the other hand, I was happy with what I paid for my #2 and #3 so it's not like I've been seeing the same competition there.

What will I end up paying for 9.4 #1? What will I end up paying for a 9.4 (or stopgap 9.2) #7? Beyond what my bank account thinks that's going to be interesting.

Interesting stuff.

Happy you got a good price on your #4 Rob, #4 is definitely en fuego!

As for this statement,

"If I get outbid x2 the last GPA sale then that could just mean someone else has been waiting for the book to appear for 4 years like I have."

I definitely agree with that scenario. It happens more than we think. Some could think it almost appears to be schilled, or just a hot book all of a sudden....But all it takes is two to Tango if a certain book surfaces at a certain point in time.

I don't think you will have to get hosed for a #1 or #7 my man, stay positive - your too close to completion!!

Interesting stuff.

As for this statement,

"If I get outbid x2 the last GPA sale then that could just mean someone else has been waiting for the book to appear for 4 years like I have."

I definitely agree with that scenario. It happens more than we think. Some could think it almost appears to be schilled, or just a hot book all of a sudden....But all it takes is two to Tango if a certain book surfaces at a certain point in time.

I don't think you will have to get hosed for a #1 or #7 my man, stay positive - your too close to completion!!

I paid $300 less for the #4 than what I had just been outbid at at ComicLink, so... I'll take it.

I've seen a few examples over the past couple of years where I've lost out on what I thought were just ridiculous bids. The DD #31 that came up recently blew my mind. There have been others.

I'm hoping I don't get clobbered on the #1 and #7. Everything else, at this point, I don't care about. I'm just looking to fill holes with good books and if I pay a dumb price, so be it. With the #1 and #7 I need to pay a price that's not going to make me weep :) I have faith!

Also with DD being hotter right now, perhaps more supply could occur with dealers/sellers/collectors selling their copies for $ or for other titles they like more and possibly softening cost on some books.

:headbang: I'd be happy to fund someone's Deadpool collection right about now if they have something I need.

Interesting stuff.

As for this statement,

I paid $300 less for the #4 than what I had just been outbid at at ComicLink, so... I'll take it.

I've seen a few examples over the past couple of years where I've lost out on what I thought were just ridiculous bids. The DD #31 that came up recently blew my mind. There have been others.

I'm hoping I don't get clobbered on the #1 and #7. Everything else, at this point, I don't care about. I'm just looking to fill holes with good books and if I pay a dumb price, so be it. With the #1 and #7 I need to pay a price that's not going to make me weep :) I have faith!

^^ Heck yeah I'd be thrilled if I got a book (especially a DD 1-10) $300 less than I just lost out on!

I could have been the possessed owner of one of those ridiculous bids you speak of. :foryou:

I feel the same way on my few remaining gap books, it is fun and no monkey on my back. (thumbs u (at least finally with DD that is....plenty of other books that damnn monkey keeps me busy with :pullhair: )

Also with DD being hotter right now, perhaps more supply could occur with dealers/sellers/collectors selling their copies for $ or for other titles they like more and possibly softening cost on some books.

:headbang: I'd be happy to fund someone's Deadpool collection right about now if they have something I need.

I think it is very plausible :wishluck:

Returning to the question of buying Daredevil appearances in other titles... do Matt Murdock appearances count? Example: X-Men 13.

I'll probably include them as I am excited to be buying some other Silver Age Marvels again anyway. The only Silver Age books I've bought for the past couple of years have been DD....

Edited by rob_react

Great find and definitely a grand quandary!!

I don't know, I would say it is personal preference, but since we are all so OCD, thorough and completists in our own collecting styles & trends - I surmise Matt cameos would count as needed DD titles for appearances.

(What about Mike Murdock??? :baiting:lol )

That fits in....after DD #9 I think.

Where exactly does FF #39 come in than?

I knew you would come up with some cool DD apps! Love it!! :headbang:

My list so far (very incomplete!)

Amazing Spider-Man 16 9/1/1964

Amazing Spider-Man 18 11/1/1964

journey into mystery 116 5/1/1965

Fantastic Four 39 6/1/1965

Fantastic Four 40 7/1/1965

X-Men 13 9/1/1965

Fantastic Four Annual 3 10/1/1965

Fantastic Four 73 4/1/1968

Avengers 82 11/1/1970

Marvel Two in One 3 5/1/1974

Giant Size Defenders 3 1/1/1975

Iron Man 89 8/1/1976

Ghost Rider 20 10/1/1976

Marvel Team Up 56 4/1/1977

Marvel Two in One 38 4/1/1978

Marvel Team Up 73 9/1/1978

Captain America 234 6/1/1979

Captain America 235 7/1/1979

Captain America 236 8/1/1979

avengers 190 12/1/1979

I knew I'd learn something -

Two books I had no clue of are indeed that X-Men #13 & FF Annual #3 actually.

Than I'd never looked or heard past GS Defenders #3 upon what else he was in. Muy interasante! Thanks man!!

I knew I'd learn something -

Two books I had no clue of are indeed that X-Men #13 & FF Annual #3 actually.

Than I'd never looked or heard past GS Defenders #3 upon what else he was in. Muy interasante! Thanks man!!

Pretty much the entire Marvel Universe is in FF Annual 3 (Reed and Sue wedding)