• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DD # 158

19 posts in this topic

daredevil158front.jpg

daredevil158back.jpg

Now this one is pretty darn good...

Cover has 1 tick on spine and that light green spot in the top bar doesn't

show when you hold it in your hands but the scanner picked it up...

back is great maybe just a little dirty...

My Grade is 9.2

wow. i think the book is a VF-. 7.5 to you new school people.

spine creasing, rough ULFC and LLFC, creasing along the bottom edge of the FC, chip out of the LRFC along with a crease in the same location, that NCBC at the bottom edge BC, plus the book looks like it's lost some gloss.

this is a perfect example of needing to have a book in hand for a really accurate grade.

spine creasing, rough ULFC and LLFC, creasing along the bottom edge of the FC, chip out of the LRFC along with a crease in the same location, that NCBC at the bottom edge BC, plus the book looks like it's lost some gloss.

this is a perfect example of needing to have a book in hand for a really accurate grade.

I agree, but I find I usually grade more strictly than this group as a whole. Before scrolling down I was thinking VF-/VF ... and still think that. crazy.gif

agree 100% on the 7.0 7.5 area, cant see how it would get a 9.0 confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't see anything that would drop this below a 9.0...

A couple of spine stress marks, blemish at top, corners a bit blunt, but not that bad...

Grading by scans is limited to the monitors we all view them on; perhaps that accounts for the disparity... confused-smiley-013.gif

And determining gloss from a scan is impossible.

I don't see anything that would drop this below a 9.0...

A couple of spine stress marks, blemish at top, corners a bit blunt, but not that bad...

Grading by scans is limited to the monitors we all view them on; perhaps that accounts for the disparity... confused-smiley-013.gif

And determining gloss from a scan is impossible.

bottom right front corner. in the black shadow area. look "rubbed" to you? it looks dirty to me, and i extrapolate that across the entire mag. basically, the book looks - to me - like a bunch of unbagged books i have from the same time frame

Wow this book brought in the most response's so far for me.. 893applaud-thumb.gif

and with such a large range of Grades...What really helps is when you point out

and show the area of faults as to come to your grade... thumbsup2.gif

I once again

thankyou.gif

PS: this book is no way a 7 or 7.5