• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer Collecting Thread!

78 posts in this topic

Ok, has anyone been following the SS #1 9.8 Boston copy. There are 2 sales recorded for the book on GPA, one in September, and one in Aug. $14,000 a piece.

A there's a very obvious reason for this, ....and it isn't an attempt at the quickest flip of a Surfer issue!

There are now TWO copies of SS#1 9.8 on the census, and they are BOTH Boston's. One started life as a 9.8, the other started life as a 9.6.

I personally feel the fault here lies with CGC. If they had 3-4 guys go over it the first time and decide it was a 9.6, what in the world makes them change all their collective 'experts, professional, and valuable' opinions a good number of months down the track. confused-smiley-013.gifjuggle.gif

Dunno anything about Boston 9.8 #1s, but here is my copy of the all-Kirby ish that made me wish Stan and Jack had collaboratively produced alot more SS issues than they did:

Thanks for that insightful input.

I just spoke with Bill Hughes, and apparently the OW/W Boston #1 9.8 copy was sold to private collector, who also picked up the Pacific Coast #4 9.8 off Bill at the same time.

Which with a quick bit of math's made that a $22,000 trip to the con for that guy foreheadslap.gif

At this point I'll just keep quiet, and stop rattling his book. flowerred.gif

Dunno anything about Boston 9.8 #1s, but here is my copy of the all-Kirby ish that made me wish Stan and Jack had collaboratively produced alot more SS issues than they did:

Perhaps you've forgotten with the passage of a single board page that this thread was started by Skybolt, who asked all to post their high grade and/or favorite SS issues.

Perhaps you've forgotten with the passage of a single board page that this thread was started by Skybolt, who asked all to post their high grade and/or favorite SS issues.

So your just intersted in seeing pretty pictures? confused-smiley-013.gif Or are you asking I go back re-edit and throw a sign-offtopic.gif sign up.

Either way, your scarring me something firece with you general apathy.