• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage San Diego

11 posts in this topic

Just received the schedule for Heritage and I was surprised to see the bulk of DC's, EC's and Timely's going up on Tuesday. I find this unusual because most people don't arrive until Wednesday. It would seem to me that active bidding would be more prevalent on comics Wed-Sat and the other categories should fall in around that time frame. Yeah, I'm complaining, I don't arrive till Wednesday and I would prefer to floor bid.

Tenative schedule:

SESSION I - Tuesday, July 15, 11:30 am

Timely/Atlas 170

DC Silver 158

DC Bronze 13

Misc. Silver 73

Misc. Bronze 4

Modern 9

Pulps 21

Undergrounds 46

TOTAL 494

SESSION II - Tuesday, July 15, 6:00 pm

EC 135

DC Gold 272

TOTAL 407

SESSION III - Wednesday, July 16, 11:30 am (separate catalog)

Original Art 882

SESSION IV - Thursday, July 17, 7:00 pm

Misc. Gold 555

SESSION V - Friday, July 18, 7:00 pm

Memorabilia (GI Joe) & Stan Lee Pinball machine 100

Stan Lee File Copies 117

Marvel Bronze 114

Total 331

SESSION VI - Saturday, July 19, 2:00 pm (separate catalog)

FAI 466

SESSION VII - Saturday, July 19, 7:00 pm

Marvel Silver 456

SESSION VIII - Sunday, July 20, 11:30am (separate catalog)

Movie Posters 620

GRAND TOTAL 4211

COMIC-CON

Man, I'd love that Superman #14 8.0, or a couple of the Mile High Actions, but my wife would kill me...

do you always listen to your wife and do what she tells you? :::cough:: cough:::whipped cough::cough::

Man, I'd love that Superman #14 8.0, or a couple of the Mile High Actions, but my wife would kill me...

do you always listen to your wife and do what she tells you? :::cough:: cough:::whipped cough::cough::

ROFL 893Funny-thumb.gif

Have the bidding on Tuesday that way everybody spends their money before the show, better yet run the auction at the show so dealers like myself can hear collectors tell me they have to save money for the auction.

Yeah, I love Heritage, the dealers friend. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Have the bidding on Tuesday that way everybody spends their money before the show, better yet run the auction at the show so dealers like myself can hear collectors tell me they have to save money for the auction.

Yeah, I love Heritage, the dealers friend. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

i have heard that more and more from people/contacts on/off these boards......every 4-6 months...."well there is the heritage auction coming up......"

I've been real happy with Heritage. They provide huge scans, and good customer service. I'm really looking forward to this auction, but have a feeling I won't win a whole lot. They definitely get some high-grade Golden-Age books for sale that you just don't get from eBay or many dealers (and they usually want extremely high prices).

Haven't had much luck with Silver-Age Marvels.

[Have the bidding on Tuesday that way everybody spends their money before the show, better yet run the auction at the show so dealers like myself can hear collectors tell me they have to save money for the auction/quote]

Bob, your prices are by no means unreasonable, so I would expect you to do very well at SD (Heritage Auction or not).

Unreasonable or not Heritage puts a lot of pressure on convention sales by running an auction. The practice has already been complained about to Wizard and what does Heritage do, run the closed bid, wholesale lightning auction or whatever it's called. Great, I'm sure people who use the show to blow out stuff will be real happy to know that Heritage is now in their market as well. Auctions SHOULD noi be run at or during conventions. Showcase all you want but hey when you start competing for my money and I bid in your auctions I don't exactly see how you are helping me.

I agree with you Bob. It really doesn't make sense for Heritage to do their big auctions during a big convention. There is only so much money to be spent and obviously, since the auction is first the money is spent there.

Still, you should do very well with the books you have.