• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help identify this Superman story.

9 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure it came out in the copper era.

Mr Mixphixit,in a rare mood,decides to do something nice for Supes.He travels in time to just before Kyrpton explodes and brings Kyrpto back to Metropolis and leaves him at Clarks doorstep or something similar.Clark doesn't recognize the dog he hasn't seen since he was an infant but quickly realizes the dog is not normal.Kyrpto,driven mad by his super-hearing goes on a rampage,and Supes is forced to hunt him down and after capturing him,is unsure what to do with him.Mr Mix shows up and is perplexed that Supes doesn't like his present so he pops Kyrpto back where he got him.Then Supes realizes he just had his childhood friend sent back to certain death.

It must be a post crisis story as Kyrpto evidently didn't exist in Supes world.I read this just a few years ago,but can't recall where. Help please. It was a great story,especially if you are a dog lover.

I tried Googling last night... nothing.

I tried using Krypto as a character search on www.comics.org ... nothing.

I never read that story, but I thought somewhere on the web it might be referenced.

As far as I can tell, Krypto was rarely seen in the Copper age... but I can't find that story.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Krypto was at first a characer only in Superboy stories. His first appearance in a Superman story was in Jimmy Olsen #29. If I remember right in this story Krypto had been gone a very long time on a "romp in space" and came back to Superman as an old dog. Superman had not seen him since he was a boy. Jimmy found some kind of fountain of youth and Kryptro was turned into a young dog again.

Krypto was then seen in Superman stories as well as Superboy stories after this in the silver age. One of the best cover with Superman was Superman #144. You would see ole Krypto pop up in Superman stories here and there, but eventually he kind of disapeared in the bronze age.

He did pop back up again in Superman #287. I have never read this story so I am not quite sure what the premise is.

You just can't keep a good dog down, ole Krypto even got a cartoon of his own a year or so ago. Funny thing is that whoever wrote it must have read some of Krypto's silver age stories, some of the supporting characters were taken from stores I recognize in Superboy comics.