• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man #1...opinions please!

40 posts in this topic

I think it's a nice looking copy! thumbsup2.gif

7.0/7.5 sumo.gif Tear you mention, but also a tiny tear to LEFC, vl crescent crease along REFC, vvl crease to LRFC, minor spine creasing, edge and corner wear, slight mis-cut.

This is getting lower grades than I expected...in hand, I thought it was an easy 8.0. No chipping at all...just some minor color flakes and stress in a few edge areas. It has beautiful gloss and super-fresh pages. I have an 8.5 slabbed copy and aside from the tiny tear, they look almost identical...actually the corners are better on this one. confused-smiley-013.gif

because of the deep purple cover this one always grades harsher as everything really really shows.

That said I thought the grades were being a little too kind.

Aside from the tear and the other defects noted, you have at least 8 color breaking spine ticks, a fairly large color breaking crease/stress mark above IMs right boot and very visible top edgewear.

There also looks to be something going on at the top left corner along the spine.

Allowing that in hand may be a little better, I can't see this higher than 6.0

This is one of my favorite covers and I tend to grade it rather strict.

Boy, grades on this one are really all over the place!

I'd say 7.0, and it's hard not to bump it to 7.5. It's clearly a fresh copy with sharp edges; just the tear and a bit of spine & edge wear drop the grade. Even hammering for the tear, don't see how this one could go lower than 6.5. confused-smiley-013.gif