• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paratrooper covers RUN

1,682 posts in this topic

You'll have to post the comics I sent you as soon as you get them.

Ed

I forgot which ones those were...don't tell me, leave it as a surprise! Thanks! I have a couple of books I'm thinking about getting pressed and CGC'd. I'll post their pics in another thread to see if they're good candidates.

Thanks SW, that's by the way is my very first Centaur book....they are fairly scarce and hence expensive. Thinking about pressing this book to eliminate the spine roll.

I would say get it pressed. Spin roll can really ruin the look of a nice raw book!

Another fantastic book, that's fairly hard to track down.

Thrilling Comics #44

ThrillingComics44.jpg

I'm still watching!!!

Especially when you post cool books like this!

Nice page.

The more I look at Heath's art, the more I like it. It's not flashy or anything, but it's so... damn... solid. The man was a pro.

I LOVE that page, Trooper!

What a great fit to your collection. It's about a paratrooper using his chute in a very clever way.

You just need to find the page where he jumps. I have seen another page from the story (the last one) so I suspect the whole story if around.

Low grade and dirty, but my first Centaur and very very hard to find at a price I can afford...another perfect candidate for pressing and cover cleaning. (was previously in my want list)

Keen Detective Funnies v2 #9

KeenDetectiveFunniesv29.jpg

Those little mini chutes remind me of the Apple II game I used to play where you owned a fixed position gun and simply shot the paratroopers as they floated down. If 4 landed on one side you were killed as they scooted and then threw a "grenade"

I never got Atari so floppy games were where it was at.

Ed

Thanks, but I've got that one...in fact I've got one in about the same condition as the one you just posted.

It's the GCD scan. Possibly it's in EXACTLY the same condition as yours.

JPS