• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am on a quest and I need help

27 posts in this topic

OK fellow forumites, I need some help. We've all been on quests (and many still are) for a grail book, or that last issue to complete a run so you know what I'm feeling.

A couple years ago, I bought a CGC 9.6 copy of Amazing Adventures 13 from one of my favorite comic collecting buddies. He hated to part with it because it is a tough issue to find in high grade and it left a whole in his own collection but he is a great guy and he knew that book completed my run of AA 11-17 and meant a lot to me. So, part of the deal was that I would look for a replacement copy.

I have looked everywhere. According to the CGC census, there are three 9.6 copies. I have one and Ghost Town has one, but I have never been able to find out who has the last one.

If you happen to have the third CGC-graded 9.6 AA 13, please let me know - even if you don't want to sell it, just so I won't continue to search in vain. If you happen to know who has it, please let me know or ask them to contact me. And if you happen to have a raw copy that you think is 9.6, let me know.

Now don't go sending me a response telling me that this thread belongs in the WTB section. This thread belongs in the obsessive compulsive quest section but we don't have one of those. And I know that a lot of bronze collectors don't wade through all the threads in the WTB section on a regular basis. And any buying/selling/trading will take place via pm. This thread is just about sharing information that might point me in the right direction.

Shad,

PMing Bruce is a good idea any time you have a bronze quest and I should have mentioned that I started there. I've kept checking Pedigree and ComicLink, I check the Registry periodically to see if anyone has listed, I have an autosearch on eBay in case it pops up there, I have it in my sig line, I have it at the top of my want list that I take to cons.

I think it is in a private collection but I don't know who the BSCs are that might have a high-grade run of AA.

Yes, it turns out that the third CGC-graded 9.6 copy of Amazing Adventures 13 was a part of the Golden State collection. Parts of that collection, including the AA 11-17 run are up on Pedigree and I snagged the AA 13. Now, it will go from me to another collector in return for many good favors he has done for me (and for many others on the Boards.)

I know you are looking for a 13 yourself, good luck and I will keep you in mind if I see a sweet raw copy. LMK what other issues you are looking for.