• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Step right up folks.....pick the winna' and impress the ladies.

17 posts in this topic

These two books belong to The_Beyonder and he asked if I could host them as a favor. They are two different copies of the same issue and he will only be sending one in to CGC for grading.

Take a gander and give your thoughts on what grade each one might receive. Or simply state which one you think is the better of the two (A or B) if you don't feel comfortable giving a grade. Any help is appreciated. laugh.gif

Marvel Team-Up #53 (A)

Marvel Team-Up #53 (B)

There's a crease in top edge of B + two tiny spine stress marks.

A has tiny stress marks on spine+ very slightly blunted left bottom corner.

I would send copy A to CGC, because of that crease in book B (are they called "thumb creases"?)

Send in A. I think A is a 9.4 and B is a 9.2. The top edge crease and spine stress on B will factor more heavily against it then the corner on A.

same call here. except i would send both and sell the lower of the two grades on ebay. this book seems to do pretty well in high grade.

A. From the scans the appearance of the book seems "fresher", color not quite as faded, and I am in general agreement on the corners.

C looks a bit better than A.

I hope you let us know how it goes!