• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction Baltimore....1st session..Friday Sept 8

173 posts in this topic

Alive on one book tomorrow. Was high bidder (with a good cushion) at the close of bidding last night, got outbid before floor session started (mail or fax bid?) I bid more than 3x guide on a raw Mile High tomorrow and was immediately outbid. Seems like most books were going to telephone and floor bids today.

Alive on one book tomorrow. Was high bidder (with a good cushion) at the close of bidding last night, got outbid before floor session started (mail or fax bid?) I bid more than 3x guide on a raw Mile High tomorrow and was immediately outbid. Seems like most books were going to telephone and floor bids today.

I seriously think that the winning bidders are assuming that those raw Mile High copies are actually in NM/NM+ condition as advertised by Heritage. There's no way I could compete with someone who's willing to pay 6 or 7 times guide for what really are VF/VF+ books!

was the leading bidder on 5 books, but got blown away with the floor/phone bidding. I still have 3 more tomorrow, but I'm starting to doubt my chances.

I was attempting to bid on a couple of books so I was on the phone with Jaster . One book I was interested to bid on went for almost triple the the closing price when the internet closed. The funny thing was I thought Skybolt was having a field day driving prices up. Now I'm disappointed to find out that both of us are pitching shutouts. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Hope springs eternal.

Wanted the Fight 31 CGC 7.5 (graphically violent war cover) despite the diagonal tear at the bottom of the cover, and the Beware 11 (man trapped with rats cover) which I thought was a tad overgraded. Both books ended up at 4X Overstreet, despite being moderately priced when the internet bidding ended. frown.gif

How did you guys do? Any winners?

No, I was outbid (thank goodness).

I'll be a lot more interested in this topic in a few weeks once the initial rush is over and folk actually start receiving their books.

STEVE

Always looking for Larson copies

How did you guys do? Any winners?

No, I was outbid (thank goodness).

I'll be a lot more interested in this topic in a few weeks once the initial rush is over and folk actually start receiving their books.

STEVE

Always looking for Larson copies

Judging by how a lot of books went to Phone bidders, I wouldn't be surprised to see one person trying to amass a huge Mile High collection in one swoop. I just hope this person(s) isn't too disappointed with the grading on these books.

Forrest Ackerman owned the only other copy that was sold in 1991.

Didnt Fishler buy it at Sothebys that year?

I did not buy these copies at Sothebys. I originally bought them out of the Ackerman auction. I think the set went for about $3k.

I have had 4 copies of #3 over the years. One copy which is in pretty nice shape I still have.

Not that I am selling mine but does anyone know who was the underbidder in yesterday's auction?

That price seems a bit wacky!

Steve