• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Downward Spiral to Oblivion

65 posts in this topic

This reminds me of that Dad who didnt want his child saying Under God in the Pledge of Allegiance, so he took it to court! 893blahblah.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Joe, you're a lot of things, but until now, I didn't think naive was one of them. 27_laughing.gif

Think back to that dickwad thread, where I presented a mound of proof and I still had people hammering on me.

This Jeff bozo links back to a 2003 thread that covers similar comments that a ton of us have POSTED BEFORE, and we're all supposed to scream "BUSTED"?

I have my own opinion of DAD and his 2004 comments, but this thread is 110% useless in determining anything. Surely you can see this.

Why are you calling me a bozo Joe?

Because you called for a BUSTED proclamation under false pretenses.

DAD may be a wanker of the highest order, but why would I think so from this thread? confused-smiley-013.gif

What's a busted proclamation? What are you talking about?!

Okay, here's a synopsis for the dummies in the crowd:

As of JUNE 2003, this thread was D-E-A-D.

As of JULY 2004 (over a year later), JeffMason restarted it, with the following:

"David Deming, why did you decide to be "surprised" again in 2004 for Free Comic Book Day when you had the same problem in 2003?"

Now since DAD's 2004 reply concerned a reputedly-smutty "free comic book day" book falling into the hands of a minor, and the 2003 reply was more a generic "why aren't kids buying comics/what is the industry doing" kind of deal, your above statement is 100% untrue.

I have written many times on the SAME "kids and comics" subject, as had many others on the board here, so how are these generic and very popular comments deviously linked to a "smut comic" thread?

I'd love to know, as I've posted a few threads on the subject of kids, comics and the industry, without EVER mentioning smutty or "adult" comics.

Now, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with DAD's viewpoint on "kids and comics", these statements have ZERO to do with the previous thread:

'Few kids want to read modern comic books because the quality of the books is so poor. Most modern comic books are not even written for children. The art is execrable, the colors are garish, and the plots and dialogue are full of adult themes. The comics that I used to buy for twelve cents are now two or three dollars each. They don't even look like comics. Trying to read one is an unpleasant and tense experience. The innocence, charm, and fun that constitute the heart of the comic book are missing. My eight-year-old son put it succinctly: "I like the old comics a lot better". One of the comics given away as part of "free comic book day" was a reprint of a 1947 Donald Duck story by Carl Barks. It was the best book of the lot, by far. In what other business is the quality of the product now lower than it was in 1947?"

I disagree with your analysis Joe.

Welcome to the other 99!

Ah, you gotta love this. If Jeff came on stating the world was flat, and I said it was not, 99% of needledick forums members would disagree with me.

Talk about a herd mentality, which isn't surprising for cattle and sheep. foreheadslap.gif

I disagree with your analysis Joe.

Welcome to the other 99!

Ah, you gotta love this. If Jeff came on stating the world was flat, and I said it was not, 99% of needledick forums members would disagree with me.

Talk about a herd mentality, which isn't surprising for cattle and sheep. foreheadslap.gif

Somebody is in rare form tonight... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Joe, you make some good points in a fair number of your posts (I always enjoy your voice on these boards, even though I do not always agree with the point(s) you are trying to make)...but c'mon, if someone on this fourm said the earth was flat, I would laugh at them and feel a bit sorry/sad for them (sorry they are so clueless)---so give the offensive generalizations a rest please.

Furthermore, please do not come up with a chain of spiffy sounding words to tell me that you do not mean to imply that I am not part of the 99 percent sheep and cattle herd...because that is exactly what you mean to imply.

You need to relax and step away from this forum to grab some fresh air...because are a few posts that bother you on a comic grading company's forums worth the anger and stress they build up in you???

Enjoy Your Week!

Christopher H

Okay, here's a synopsis for the dummies in the crowd

I guess that means anyone of us who don't recall a single post from before the dead-line of 6/03 are dummies.

Correct... I mean MOOOOOOOO..

errr...

BAHHHHHHHHHHH

confused-smiley-013.gif I think my response was polite (note, I do not call Joe any names). Seriously, I think the forums would be less enjoyable/entertaining if JC stopped posting. I can appreciate his opinions (I thought DD was an okay film, and really enjoyed the heck out of Hulk, slow parts and all...and it is obvious from his posts that JC dislikes those films with a passion), but sometimes I think his frustration with some of the posts by other forum members shines through too easily (I like to think it is better to not be so transparent when you are communicating with a fair number of people who are strangers on a message board...of course some members have met each other at forum con dinners, but you get my point).

Regards

Christopher H

but sometimes I think his frustration with some of the posts by other forum members shines through too easily

Those who know me might say just the opposite. grin.gif

Hitler had a dog that adored him. Your point being....?

Maybe if you refrained from calling people dirtwads and needledicks and lecturing about the rampant youth crime in crackcity,people might try to see some good in you.