• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ultimate CGC Game !!!

72 posts in this topic

I give the OP props for even posting the idea. Usually, when I think up something that crazy, I tend to keep it to myself for fear that people may institute me. :D

In all seriousness, a game with no real prize saps the fun for me. IMO, a fun game would be to pick a random (inexpensive) book from the 70's-80's and see who could amass the most copies in a given time period. Winner then gets everybody else's copies who participated. Somebody's got to give CAL a run for his money on those IMSM's. Imagine, somebody could end up cornering the market on Strawberry Shortcake #1!!!!

Please explain how this...

I give the OP props for even posting the idea. Usually, when I think up something that crazy, I tend to keep it to myself for fear that people may institute me. :D

...goes with this. :screwy:

In all seriousness, a game with no real prize saps the fun for me. IMO, a fun game would be to pick a random (inexpensive) book from the 70's-80's and see who could amass the most copies in a given time period. Winner then gets everybody else's copies who participated. Somebody's got to give CAL a run for his money on those IMSM's. Imagine, somebody could end up cornering the market on Strawberry Shortcake #1!!!!

:baiting:

lol

I've got a better idea for this game. First, everyone who wants to participate must gather up every book they have in their collection and load it into their car (or truck, depending on how many books you have). Then, you must drive your collection at least 3 states away from where they are currently being stored. Once you arrive, you then build a stone temple in the shape of a pyramid. This temple must have a base that is exactly 9 square feet, and it must be precisely 9 feet tall at the point. You must then park your vehicle precisely 3 miles away from this temple and then make your way back to it while crawling on your hands and knees. Then, climb to the top of the temple, punch yourself in the nuts, and scream as loudly as you can, "I'm a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point for playing this game". Once you have accomplished this feat, walk back to your vehicle, drive back home, and put your comic collection back where it belongs. The first one to do this and come in here and post pictures of it, is declared a pathetic loser. The others must then drive back to their stone temple pyramid, destroy it, and take pictures to post for proof of its destruction. In the event of a tie where two or more people accomplish this feat and post their proof at the same time, then they must all drive 4 states away for round two and do the same thing. If, again, there is a tie, then those remaining will have to drive 5 states away for the third round, and so on. Good luck to all.

The single greatest post ever made on the Boards. (worship)

I think the winner should take all. Every person who entered must send the books they had graded to the winner. The first book the moderator should choose? Iron Man and Sub-Mariner #1 of course.

Does this mean you "think this may be a fresh, fun opportunity in this forum?"

Please explain how this...

...goes with this. :screwy:

:baiting:

lol

I am too mesmerized by her boobies to be baited.

I've got a better idea for this game. First, everyone who wants to participate must gather up every book they have in their collection and load it into their car (or truck, depending on how many books you have). Then, you must drive your collection at least 3 states away from where they are currently being stored. Once you arrive, you then build a stone temple in the shape of a pyramid. This temple must have a base that is exactly 9 square feet, and it must be precisely 9 feet tall at the point. You must then park your vehicle precisely 3 miles away from this temple and then make your way back to it while crawling on your hands and knees. Then, climb to the top of the temple, punch yourself in the nuts, and scream as loudly as you can, "I'm a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point for playing this game". Once you have accomplished this feat, walk back to your vehicle, drive back home, and put your comic collection back where it belongs. The first one to do this and come in here and post pictures of it, is declared a pathetic loser. The others must then drive back to their stone temple pyramid, destroy it, and take pictures to post for proof of its destruction. In the event of a tie where two or more people accomplish this feat and post their proof at the same time, then they must all drive 4 states away for round two and do the same thing. If, again, there is a tie, then those remaining will have to drive 5 states away for the third round, and so on. Good luck to all.

The single greatest post ever made on the Boards. (worship)

I would have to agree. That was pure genius. :golfclap: