• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What book do you wish your favourite artist would have drawn?

60 posts in this topic

In his or her prime, which book do you wish your favourite artist would have drawn for?

For me it would be Neal Adams doing an issue of ASM...perhaps a story involving the Goblin smile.gif

Secondly would be Jazzy Johhny Sr. doing a new X-Men book (somewhere in between #94-121), I would have loved to see his version of the X-Men #109 cover using the same basic layout of the cover!

Whats your dream book?

Jim

This is easy.....Bernie Wrightson and Deadman. He could have taken Deadman to a totally different level by creating characters that looked.....well, dead. Gruesomely dead. Would have made for a great bronze age series with Deadman taking a new direction away from "superhero" into a more morbid realm.

Scott

This is easy.....Bernie Wrightson and Deadman. He could have taken Deadman to a totally different level by creating characters that looked.....well, dead. Gruesomely dead. Would have made for a great bronze age series with Deadman taking a new direction away from "superhero" into a more morbid realm.

Scott

What a great pick! hail.gif

Fortunately, my favorite artist DID draw the one book I wanted him to. Frank Miller on Daredevil. cloud9.gif

Scott

Fortunately, my favorite artist DID draw the one book I wanted him to. Frank Miller on Daredevil. cloud9.gif

I think Frank did everything i'd want him to do...Bats and DD. thumbsup2.gif

Scott

I think Frank did everything i'd want him to do...Bats and DD. thumbsup2.gif

cloud9.gif

You know what would have been sweet though? Frank Miller on Power Man and Iron Fist. We got a taste of it from the covers he did for the series, but an entire run of issues by Frank? Fuhgeddaboutit! yay.gif

Byrne on War and Peace grin.gif

But seriously...Byrne in his hay day w/Austin inking doing more of the Wolverine series or more Incredible Hulks cloud9.gif

Byrne doing The Legion of Super-Heroes.

thumbsup2.gif I think the Imperial Guard gave us a taste of what the Legion would've looked like in Byrne's hands, and it was most excellent! thumbsup2.gif

Also...

Barry Smith (circa the end of his run on Conan) doing Gaiman's Sandman.

Brian Bolland doing the art (and not just the covers) on Animal Man.

Totleben or Wrightson doing Hellblazer.

Joe Sinnott inking Kirby on Thor.

Russ Heath doing any superhero book.

Anyone instead of Frank Robbins on Captain America and the Invaders. 27_laughing.gif

Adams on Spidey and the FF (and maybe the Hulk) would've been good, definitely, as would Heath on any super-hero comic. And if Maneely had lived, I'd've liked to have seen his work on super-heroes too.

Frazetta doing a complete Conan story (for Marvel). Steranko doing Batman, Krigstein on Daredevil.

And it would've been interesting if Eisner had done one mainstream super-hero comic - preferably (again!) Batman or Daredevil....

What an excellent thread! it is something i think many comic fans have spend some time thinking about atleast once...

To me it would either be:

1) Frank Miller doing a run on Uncanny X-men cloud9.gif

2) Bill Sienkiewicz doing a run on Uncanny X-men cloud9.gif

thats atleast from the top of my head.... given some thought im sure i could come up with more 893scratchchin-thumb.gif