• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who says you can't get good deals at a con: BA buying report

15 posts in this topic

Though BA has many of the same dealers with the same stock... not so at this Big Apple. One of my most successful buying (and selling shows, could have made more -- but very happy with what I was able to do):

ASM 46 CGC 9.2 o/w (paid $200)

ASM 25 CGC 9.0 o/w (paid $370)

ASM 169 CGC 9.6 ow/w (paid $70)

Thor 148 CGC 9.6 ow/w (paid $160)

Thor 146 CGC 9.6 ow/w (paid $160)

TOS 74 CGC 9.4 ow/w (paid $130)

ASM 23 raw 8.0 (possible 8.5) paid $300 (incredible gloss, dripping inks, ow/w pages

Also picked up an Cap Ann 3 NM-/NM, Thor 193 NM-, and a couple of Cap'n Marvels by Starlin... high grade

Very happy with the haul -- there were great deals in that room, and many more that I could have scored -- just ran out of time. Without Giants/Eagles tomorrow, I would have considered going back to hunt some more -- Ted Van Liew had some BEAUTIFUL picture frame Thor covers. Just stunners. Awesome books out there... with some buy it raw, submit and get some really awesome books in the process.

Though BA has many of the same dealers with the same stock... not so at this Big Apple. One of my most successful buying (and selling shows, could have made more -- but very happy with what I was able to do):

ASM 46 CGC 9.2 o/w (paid $200)

ASM 25 CGC 9.0 o/w (paid $370)

ASM 169 CGC 9.6 ow/w (paid $70)

Thor 148 CGC 9.6 ow/w (paid $160)

Thor 146 CGC 9.6 ow/w (paid $160)

TOS 74 CGC 9.4 ow/w (paid $130)

ASM 23 raw 8.0 (possible 8.5) paid $300 (incredible gloss, dripping inks, ow/w pages

Also picked up an Cap Ann 3 NM-/NM, Thor 193 NM-, and a couple of Cap'n Marvels by Starlin... high grade

Very happy with the haul -- there were great deals in that room, and many more that I could have scored -- just ran out of time. Without Giants/Eagles tomorrow, I would have considered going back to hunt some more -- Ted Van Liew had some BEAUTIFUL picture frame Thor covers. Just stunners. Awesome books out there... with some buy it raw, submit and get some really awesome books in the process.

It`s the Overstreet Advisor effect. gossip.gif

Went to Boston today with my son, did a little digging. Show was OK, nothing great. Picked up a few Spideys ( 123, 125, 127, 132, 194, 298 2 copies) for under $100 along with a few more BA books smile.gif

Went to Boston today with my son, did a little digging. Show was OK, nothing great. Picked up a few Spideys ( 123, 125, 127, 132, 194, 298 2 copies) for under $100 along with a few more BA books smile.gif

Nice. Love the 123 cover, one of my faves.

I only picked up three books at the show, Batman 237( from Blazing Bob), Detective 399( from Gary on the boards) and a Weird War Tales 1. All books were submitted to CGC for grading, hopefully get back some nice grades.