• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON DINNER

PREFERRED NIGHT FOR DINNER FOR SAN DIEGO COMIC CON  

36 members have voted

1. 1. PREFERRED NIGHT FOR DINNER FOR SAN DIEGO COMIC CON

45 posts in this topic

Okay... so far we have:

Bonds25

Lighthouse (if Saturday)

Odin88 (probable)

JLA_all_the_way

Borg (but wishes he could throw down with JP)

Greggy

Ubiquiti

CGCMINT

Paladin (if he gets comp tickets)

The Artist Formerly Known as Rickdogg (maybe)

Surely we have more forumites headed to San Diego... you guys need to add your names to the rolls so we can start making dinner plans. It's only four weeks away...

Hi, I'll be going to the show but I'm bringing the family out for vacation time so I don't think I can ditch them to go for dinner after ditching them for a couple of days at the show.

"Honey, It's entirely coincidental that I planned the vacation at the same time as the show. No, really... " cloud9.gif

I'm taking my 11 year old for a half day and my 8 year old for a different half day so they can hunt Yuh-Gi-Oh, Transformers and whatever else, so I'm not a total bad guy.

I'm looking forward to it quite a bit.

See you there,

dave h

You actually HEAR words when your wife speaks? You haven't as of yet mastered the formidable technique of being able to tune her out?

You've much to learn Padwan! Your pitiful marital skills are no match for the power of the "dark side". Joanna, don't listen any further than right HERE!!

HEYYYYYYYYYYYY JOOOO-ANNNNNNNNNN-NNNNAAAAAAAAA!!

Good, she's really not listening anymore!

Master this discipline and receive your first degree Black belt:

TUNING HER OUT: chilld's play. Think like a jazz musician. A great improvising jazz musician. Improvise! Stop hearing her actual words. FEEL the words come and go, not individually, but feel them as phrases only, where they begin and where they thankfully and by the merciful grace of God, END! Note the end of her phrase, although seemingly it felt like it was an eternity in forthcoming, as she overfills her lungs to draw a deep breath to sustain the next 1400 word deluge of "wisdom" (which is made up of dissertations on the extent of your "two major faults"... everything you say and everything you do)!

OK, now anticipating where her rambles will end, try to nonchalantly fill the space immediately after her quibbling. Add something to the usual fillibuster like, "Huh..how about that?" or "wow!". Keep it simple. Keep practicing this during all the many speeches on nothing you'll be spontaneously exposed to, but not at all surprised by during the course of a normal day. Eventually you'll be to do this with great facility, using such catchwords to catch her by surprise when she thinks you might have sought some woe-begotten refuge in your mind to hide from her in, and interject phrases like "Ain't that a corker?" "Oh come on..you're kidding!" Keep in mind that simple works too. A simple "huh" can be very effectively to keep up the charade that you're being attentive!

The goal is to become so proficient at this trick that you no longer even recognize her voice and the words individually or their meaning (God willing). You just feel the flow, wait for your place instinctively and masterfully interject "THAT's something!", yet blissfully, you'll feel as though you married a mute.

This is a great technique, and great preparatory training for the 2nd degree black belt: "Successfully Sustaining the Facade of Misery"