• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1935 Donald Duck #978

10 posts in this topic

I am new to this site, but I have a Donald Duck Linen (Comic) Book #978 and I was wondering if anyone could help me determine what it's worth. It is in really great condition (I think). It has a minor rip on the right side, near the middle - you can see it in the photo. The bottom right corner of the front cover is turned up - minimally. Thanks for you time. Jen

16143712_o.jpg

Reprint fromt he grading boards

A very nice collectible book but very common for the era it was made. The Donald books/comics from the 1930's are all extremely hard to come with this being the only exception. Still yours looks very nice and I wonder about any restoration given its age and how nice it looks. There looks to be a crease LRC that should break color but is still red, is there pen mark there?

According to OS #35 Edition:

6.0 $1140

8.0 $2090

I guess thats what I mean, I'm not sure if these prices are realizable. At the very least, the other Donald Ducks (FC 4, Large Feature, Wise Red Hen) from the 30's tend to go above guide with hardly any sales at all. Not to rain on this specific book too much, this one appears to be an exceptional copy.

According to OS #35 Edition:

6.0 $1140

8.0 $2090

I guess thats what I mean, I'm not sure if these prices are realizable. At the very least, the other Donald Ducks (FC 4, Large Feature, Wise Red Hen) from the 30's tend to go above guide with hardly any sales at all. Not to rain on this specific book too much, this one appears to be an exceptional copy.

This one does crop up about 10x as often as any of the other early DD books. (Try finding either of the two hardbacks with a dust jacket) It shows up in all kinds of venues--book shows, antique shows, etc. That being said, I concur that this copy looks to be in great shape.