• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grab up those Spidey 129's here comes the Punisher!

18 posts in this topic

it looks good to me, atleast the damn skull is on his chest this time. 893applaud-thumb.gif

That's true about the skull. As I wrote earlier today, I actually like the trailer a little bit. I just think it all falls apart when you get a look at the guy playing him.

it looks good to me, atleast the damn skull is on his chest this time. 893applaud-thumb.gif

That's true about the skull. As I wrote earlier today, I actually like the trailer a little bit. I just think it all falls apart when you get a look at the guy playing him.

hmmmm....remember when they announced michael keaton was playing batman? 893whatthe.gif i know i sure in the hell wasn't to happy, 893frustrated.gif but that was after the DK craze. kinda hard to live up to expectations after that, but he was tom terrific! 893applaud-thumb.gif im not saying the actor might be as good as michael keaton in batman, but we have to give him the benefit of the doubt, CI/JC, i can hear you grumbling from here. blush.gifshocked.gif27_laughing.gif

True.....most of the people that go to the movie will have no preconditions on what Frank Castle looks like. Keaton didn't have that going for him. Everyone knew who Batman was and had preconceived notions of what he looked like. Movie still did well regardless. As long as the movie's good, people will not be disappointed.....

Jim

True.....most of the people that go to the movie will have no preconditions on what Frank Castle looks like.

Personally, I'm not really harping on whether or not he looks like Mike Zeck drew him, although I am annoyed that he's obviously no longer Italian. I'm talking about the idea that the Punisher is being played by someone who looks likes a Melrose Place reject whose [!@#%^&^] I could kick sitting down. If he's supposed to look menacing then they've failed miserably. I'd believe Robert Smith as a tough guy over this actor.

This punisher movie is going to be like a Blade/Crow/Daredevil type movie,it's not going to be a $150 million movie,They are basising the look of the punisher on the Tim Bradstreet cover,I hope it's going to be like the story from Garth Ennis issue "Just the basics,The scum in this city need a wake up call,and here it comes" (shows weapons and explosives) Just pure punishment,is going to be needed for this film.But I better grab me a ASM 129 9.4+ to flip next summer though...lol

What's the diff between vengeance and punishment, anyway?

That's exactly why I'm not very excited about this movie. This whole vengeance genre has been done to death in Hollywood. Because the character comes from the comics (or the Executioner books ooo.gif) doesn't really make a difference. Might as well just rerelease Charles Bronson's Deathwish again......

Jim

Vengeance is punishment given on a personal level! You know, like when Bug posts something - that is self-vengeance. (yeah yeah - Grampa hears ya, "Cute As A...")

Vengeance is punishment given on a personal level! You know, like when Bug posts something - that is self-vengeance. (yeah yeah - Grampa hears ya, "Cute As A...")

Well, see, then VENGEANCE sounds more like what the Punisher is dispensing, contrary to the calculated 'tough guy movie talk" in the trailer.

Well, see, then VENGEANCE sounds more like what the Punisher is dispensing, contrary to the calculated 'tough guy movie talk" in the trailer.

But...but...but it's NOT vengeance! He said it wasn't himself!!! 893blahblah.gif

You're right, though..."revenge is a dish that is best served cold"...but just because it's cold doesn't mean it's not vengeance. 893naughty-thumb.gif But since he was a cop, he was into punishment before vengeance, so the argument can be made that going around cleaning up the trash that falls through the legal system was something he always wanted to do but didn't until they killed his wife and kid...

Sounds like a mixture of both to me.