• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Was A Better Movie, Spider-Man or The Hulk?

The Hulk Vs Spider-Man  

201 members have voted

1. 1. The Hulk Vs Spider-Man

44 posts in this topic

Digging up a past post. Just got Hulk on DVD and wll be watching for first time in a few minutes.I anticiate a good time - hope am not dissapointed!

DVD's the only way to watch this one. Start it about 40 minutes into the movie!

hi.gif

Thanos, you basically quaoted the first line I was gonna write! For the first 40 minutes or so I was basically staring at the screen going "huh?" "o..kaayyy?" etc. Now I have no idea hjow much modernizing Hulk has gone through since the SA days, but was any of what they showed about the family background, etc. part of any Marvel mythos?

As far as being a "movie" goes, this thing was a real mess. The lack of a cohesive story combined with a real lack of continuity made the film almost impossible to watch as far as plot goes. The split and split-split screens did nothing to further the film. They looked like the work of one who just discovered the technique, the way someone just discovering a zoom lens goes zoom-crazy. The most positive thing I can say about Hulk as a movie is that it made me really appreciate Spiderman, as a movie, a lot more.

Now as far as the Hulk himself? I thought he was just great! I was expecting CGI and got CGI, but it was really fine CGI. He looked amazing and moved amazingly and was probably the funnest comic hero I have seen onscreen.

I would say Spider-man as beening better between the two ,but the Hulk was still a good movie to enjoy on the big screen.I could watch both and say they did a good job on portraying the two characters with repect to the original source material.

hulkrolledfrench.jpg vs spidermanadvb.jpg

one of the managers in work sent me this....he is not a collector but remembers the hulk from when he was a kidand reading the books and such...

Hey George,

I bought the Hulk DVD yesterday and watched it. It sucked.

I mean really sucked. The special effects were ok but the movie itself just plain sucked.

Especially the ending. The whole father turning into some creature sucked.

Quite a bit of discrepancies from the comic book too.

Lou

i have not seen the movie so cannot comment on it. flamed.gif

one of the managers in work sent me this....he is not a collector but remembers the hulk from when he was a kidand reading the books and such...

Hey George,

I bought the Hulk DVD yesterday and watched it. It sucked.

I mean really sucked. The special effects were ok but the movie itself just plain sucked.

Especially the ending. The whole father turning into some creature sucked.

Quite a bit of discrepancies from the comic book too.

Lou

i have not seen the movie so cannot comment on it. flamed.gif

I guess you can't please everyone popcorn.gif

For some reason...I enjoyed watching shows that featured the behind the scenes of Hulk more than the movie itself. It was really interesting watching all the steps it took to make the Hulk, but I was somewhat disappointed when I watched the actual thing. It wasn't that it was that bad of a movie, just a little long for my taste. smile.gif

I have to agree that the HULK movie sucked..... what a horrible cgi hulk... with all the stars in the cast I was hoping for better.... the final box office numbers prove the ping Ang Lee "aint" no HULK 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.giftonofbricks.gif

Can't wait for SM2

WEBHEAD cloud9.gif

My Top 5

1. Spider-Man

2. Superman the Movie

3. X-Men

4. Batman the Movie

5. X-Men 2

My Bottom 5

1. Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD (starring David Hasselhoff)

2. The Trial of the Incredible Hulk (TV movie that had a bizarre costumed Daredevil)

3. The Phantom

4. The Shadow (starring Alec Baldwin)

5. Howard the Duck

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

Yes, i thought the hulk movie sucked donkey balls. My wife even thought so and this is a woman who sat through Spider-man and both X-men movies and even reads my hulk books in the john. I didnt care for the comic book type look to the film because i dont go to movies to feel like im reading a comic book. I go to see a movie. I knew something was going wrong with the film, even if you accept the plot as laid out, when the cgi dogs made their appearance. I thought the ending with his father turning into who? absorbing man? or some other random bad guy? was horrible and overall i felt the director/producer/or -script writer, or all three came across as not reading any comic book in 30 years nor any hulk book ever and i was embarrased for the movie and the character because i read the comic monthly and it kicks [!@#%^&^]. Why they couldnt have transferred that to the screen like they did in spider-man or x-men is a mystery to me.

Yes, i thought the hulk movie sucked donkey balls. My wife even thought so and this is a woman who sat through Spider-man and both X-men movies and even reads my hulk books in the john. I didnt care for the comic book type look to the film because i dont go to movies to feel like im reading a comic book. I go to see a movie. I knew something was going wrong with the film, even if you accept the plot as laid out, when the cgi dogs made their appearance. I thought the ending with his father turning into who? absorbing man? or some other random bad guy? was horrible and overall i felt the director/producer/or -script writer, or all three came across as not reading any comic book in 30 years nor any hulk book ever and i was embarrased for the movie and the character because i read the comic monthly and it kicks [!@#%^&^]. Why they couldnt have transferred that to the screen like they did in spider-man or x-men is a mystery to me.

Yeah!!!,...what he said.... thumbsup2.gif

J.D.

I don't understand the big problem some people have with making a comic book movie "look" like a comic book? I rather liked the "paneling" and whatnot. Thought it was a fun little effect.

I think all those Battles have hurt your Koala crapped brain! shocked.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

I don't understand the big problem some people have with making a comic book movie "look" like a comic book? I rather liked the "paneling" and whatnot. Thought it was a fun little effect.

I think all those Battles have hurt your Koala crapped brain! shocked.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

Silence, Oldie Wan Kenobi! I'll deal with you when I return from the dark side of the moon.

My Top 5

1. Spider-Man

2. Superman the Movie

3. X-Men

4. Batman the Movie

5. X-Men 2

My Bottom 5

1. Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD (starring David Hasselhoff)

2. The Trial of the Incredible Hulk (TV movie that had a bizarre costumed Daredevil)

3. The Phantom

4. The Shadow (starring Alec Baldwin)

5. Howard the Duck

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

If you were to taken Logan out of both X-men movie it would SUX BIG TIME...... makepoint.gif

There's a good 1 hour 45 minute to 2 hour movie in the Hulk...but someone would have to edit out the extra to make it so. Start by ending it where Hulk turns back into Banner in the streets of SF...