• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes TV show

824 posts in this topic

I think that is exactly who NBC is targeting this show to - the 'dateless geeks.' I really don't think it's a family time show. What with a girl that throws herself off of high standing platforms and shoves her hand down the garbage disposal. And the whole trick with pushing her rib back in. I would think most children to young for this show would already be in bed by 9pm anyway. No?

The point I am making is why do the networks try to compete in the titilation department when they lose hands down to cable and the internet? The crowd they are appealing to are getting their thrills somewhere else. Instead of gimmicks like this, concentrate on good story.

My wife said no.

So, I watched Wife Swap.

Man, if there was ever a time when a graemlin of a woman cracking a whip was needed, this is that time! poke2.gif

dude it could be worse...my girlfriend insisted on "Gilmore Girls" makepoint.gif

I was only able to watch "Heroes" on commercial breaks tonofbricks.gif

You people need Tivo.

or work a bittorrent client

>.> <.<

i liked it, never expected the brother to that though O.o

I think that is exactly who NBC is targeting this show to - the 'dateless geeks.' I really don't think it's a family time show. What with a girl that throws herself off of high standing platforms and shoves her hand down the garbage disposal. And the whole trick with pushing her rib back in. I would think most children to young for this show would already be in bed by 9pm anyway. No?

The point I am making is why do the networks try to compete in the titilation department when they lose hands down to cable and the internet? The crowd they are appealing to are getting their thrills somewhere else. Instead of gimmicks like this, concentrate on good story.

I hear you. I think that the data has shown 'good story' doesn't work. People WANT scandal and sex (see Desparate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, etc). No. They can't compete with cable, but since broadcast is still free a lot of people aren't going to pay for something that they can get for nothing. wink.gif

I think the target demographic (Men 18-54 or whatever) that watch TV doesn't give a hoot about 'good story.' They want the visual stimulation. I mean look at the games for the PS2 and XBOX - need I say more? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was blown away with this episode ! - I am offically hooked.

It's got a creppy film noir feel to it with the viewer not really sure what's going on and being given small tidbits. I only hope that the can keep this pace and not venture off onto some idiotic direction that makes the show lose it's enimagtic quality,

It's got a creppy film noir feel to it with the viewer not really sure what's going on and being given small tidbits. I only hope that the can keep this pace and not venture off onto some idiotic direction that makes the show lose it's enimagtic quality,

It did have that "Memento" style movement of the japanese character. Really good. thumbsup2.gif

My wife watched it. I was watching Scarface. But, I did see a bit of it.

Dammit, I missed last week and wanted to check it out this week and missed it again foreheadslap.gif

They said at the end if you missed an episode "go to NBC.com". The full premiere episode is there, but the 2nd one isn't available yet.

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

thumbsup2.gif

USA Network is reshowing tonights episode at 11pm est. thumbsup2.gif

ditto