• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes TV show

824 posts in this topic

The show is quickly becoming very boring for me. It's just taking too long for the characters to develop their powers.

Well, Lost has taught Hollywood that you can go on for entire seasons with no real developments or plot progression and people will still watch.

foreheadslap.gif

that's was my exact thought when I posted, that it reminded me of the slow progress of Lost.

The pace is a double-edged sword for me. I'm ok with slower progression, as long as there is something worthwhile revealed (even if minor) during an episode. I'm kinda running flat on interest but yet my wife is getting more interested. Go figure.

One thing's for sure. Nov 8 is when the nuke is supposed to go off...so something has to happen between now and then...and exactly how do you save a cheerleader that basically doesn't die...or maybe we aren't talking about her life.

The show is quickly becoming very boring for me. It's just taking too long for the characters to develop their powers.

alright leader of the MTV generation. it's a friggin season long show. why rush everything.

I completely agree. and I think one advantage that this show has over Lost: there is a point to the show.

alright leader of the MTV generation. it's a friggin season long show. why rush everything.

I completely agree. and I think one advantage that this show has over Lost: there is a point to the show.

What is the point of the show?

Well, Lost has taught Hollywood that you can go on for entire seasons with no real developments or plot progression and people will still watch.

foreheadslap.gif

that's was my exact thought when I posted, that it reminded me of the slow progress of Lost.

The pace is a double-edged sword for me. I'm ok with slower progression, as long as there is something worthwhile revealed (even if minor) during an episode. I'm kinda running flat on interest but yet my wife is getting more interested. Go figure.

One thing's for sure. Nov 8 is when the nuke is supposed to go off...so something has to happen between now and then...and exactly how do you save a cheerleader that basically doesn't die...or maybe we aren't talking about her life.

Remember, wasn't the cheerleader "dead" until the lady removed the branch from her head?

I like the show and I'm willing to give it a chance, but they seem to be emulating the mood and atmosphere that you see on shows like "Lost", which is a bit too dark for my taste. They need to move it along. Have the writers do what they're paid for and write some adventures.

I didn't see it that she was dead, but rather "short-circuited" and the removal of the branch (according to her socially dead friend) "re-booted" her system???

And I for one am hoping for a team setting, eventually, after all the discoveries are hammered out. I enjoy teams like JLA, X-Men, FF, Avengers, Teen Titans for the same reason: they help each other out when needed. They compliment each other and fill gaps. You know the saying, "The whole is more than the sum of the parts." How many times has Supes -or Thor (for you Marvelites)- been rescued or saved by a "lesser" member of the team?

I see this show fleshing out the individuals, having contact with different pairings initially, then coming together as a team to prevent the NY meltdown.

I also think save the cheerleader, save the world is directed more towards her being influenced by dear ol' (foster)dad. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rick

I didn't see it that she was dead, but rather "short-circuited" and the removal of the branch (according to her socially dead friend) "re-booted" her system???

And I for one am hoping for a team setting, eventually, after all the discoveries are hammered out. I enjoy teams like JLA, X-Men, FF, Avengers, Teen Titans for the same reason: they help each other out when needed. They compliment each other and fill gaps. You know the saying, "The whole is more than the sum of the parts." How many times has Supes -or Thor (for you Marvelites)- been rescued or saved by a "lesser" member of the team?

I see this show fleshing out the individuals, having contact with different pairings initially, then coming together as a team to prevent the NY meltdown.

I also think save the cheerleader, save the world is directed more towards her being influenced by dear ol' (foster)dad. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Rick

I saw it as her "healing factor" couldn't heal itself without expelling the foreign object. Note that she had to push her ribs back in place for it to heal in an earlier episode.

That means that a bullet that wounds her would possibly be healed over while still inside her body. Wolverine pushes the bullet out of his forehead but that was only because his adamantium skull stopped the bullet from penetrating further.

So if the cheerleader was beheaded (a la a vampire), she wouldn't be able to regenerate unless the head was put back in close proximity to her severed neck.

Future Hiro's sword is interesting as he is clearly carrying a weapon that does not need to be reloaded. (Which may mean the future is a future like that in Terminator.)

I saw it as her "healing factor" couldn't heal itself without expelling the foreign object. Note that she had to push her ribs back in place for it to heal in an earlier episode.

That means that a bullet that wounds her would possibly be healed over while still inside her body. Wolverine pushes the bullet out of his forehead but that was only because his adamantium skull stopped the bullet from penetrating further.

So if the cheerleader was beheaded (a la a vampire), she wouldn't be able to regenerate unless the head was put back in close proximity to her severed neck.

You guys do remember that the "villian" Skylar has been slicing open certain individuals and removing the brains within to possibly satisfy his "hunger".... then look at the painting that the artist and the "mimic" created with the cheerleader in Skyar's shadow with half her head missing and a lot of blood around.. makes you wonder what Skylar is doing with all those brains and why he seems to have multiple powers.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hear that. mad.gif At least this week they showed a bit more of the Petrelli's (Flying and Peter's ability to siphoning from Isaac).

They *really* need to pick up the pace in regard to action.

I agree. I like my TV like I like my comics. Individual inclusive stories. Not long, drawn-out storylines that usually don't end up being worth the effort required to read/watch them.

This show seems like a superhero-themed soap opera. My wife is more interested in the show than I am.

One thing's for sure. Nov 8 is when the nuke is supposed to go off...so something has to happen between now and then...

Not really...the timeline on the show does not coincide with our time...in other words...each show is not one week after the previous show..it may only be the next day or next hour for that matter...Who knows when Nov. 8th on "Heroes" will actually take place???...my guess is at the end of season 1... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

One thing's for sure. Nov 8 is when the nuke is supposed to go off...so something has to happen between now and then...

Not really...the timeline on the show does not coincide with our time...in other words...each show is not one week after the previous show..it may only be the next day or next hour for that matter...Who knows when Nov. 8th on "Heroes" will actually take place???...my guess is at the end of season 1... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And interviews with Loeb have stated that Nov 8 wont happen on Nov 8th. End of Season one is a real good possiblilty

And interviews with Loeb have stated that Nov 8 wont happen on Nov 8th. End of Season one is a real good possiblilty

Well, considering there is probably 9 episode in the first season, which they have aired 4, I don't think they will air that many episodes before Nov. 8th.

My bad...I thought that Nov 8th fell on a Monday, which I thought was too convenient... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Here I am thinking that they will start moving the story along. Speaking of agonizing storyline, anyone whatching "Jericho"? Post nuke soap opera drama. 27_laughing.gif

Speaking of agonizing storyline, anyone whatching "Jericho"?

"Save the corn...Save the world"... 27_laughing.gif

Yep...save the corn, get the gas for the hospital, get the groceries. Did I mention that everyone's makeup, clothes, and hair all looks remarkably clean after a nuclear war? foreheadslap.gif

A cookout, a harvest, and a Mayberry general attitude...how realistic.

You guys do remember that the "villian" Skylar has been slicing open certain individuals and removing the brains within to possibly satisfy his "hunger".... then look at the painting that the artist and the "mimic" created with the cheerleader in Skyar's shadow with half her head missing and a lot of blood around.. makes you wonder what Skylar is doing with all those brains and why he seems to have multiple powers.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There's some speculation that Peter becomes Sylar in the future. That he finds a way to permanently absorb other heroes powers by taking their brains instead of just temporarily absorbing powers by being in their vicinity. And he temporarily uses Hiro's powers to travel back in time able to track down all the heroes because their identities are common knowledge in the future. Future Hiro does mention that Peter looks much different in the future and he didn't recognize him without his scar.

Last night's episode had me crying!

When the two chinese dudes had to escape from a poker game gone sour

they both said they had to leave the game to go to the bathroom...

the man at the table noticed both of them leaving at the same time and

asked "you guys go to the bathroom together???"...

and the one chinese dude that knew english said

"Yeah, we roll like that".

classic!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Last night's episode had me crying...from boredom.

[*]Cheerleader meets the "parents"

[*]Hiro and company escape a poker deal gone bad (arguably the best thread in series)

[*]Multiple personality girl deals with her alter ego and gets "killed"? What's with the fist through the body?

[*]Inside scoop on the heroes makes it more likely that the perceived villan is really just a circus leader.

The new motto needs to be "speed up the show...save the series". I don't need breakneck speed here but after watching the episode nothing really moved forward.