• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George Perez Wonder Woman #1 Cover on eBay

20 posts in this topic

I think he was being sarcastic......

But I have noticed that while some pieces thrive and do well money wise on Ebay, other pieces lose a certain amount of 'uniqueness" and for some unknown reason, get a reputation as being less worthy. I have seen examples of pieces not selling or trying to be resold months later, and collectors have this "Oh, that was on Ebay ....I am all set"..... confused-smiley-013.gif

OK, that's better...but that price doesn't seem that high to me. Isn't that less than the average Perez Teen Titans cover? OK, I guess Titans covers would be more desirable in general...but this one is certainly not an "average" WW cover.

I agree. I feel that it was an okay price...certiantly not what I would expect it to see for in the private market. But that is the problem with OA on Ebay, it doesn't sell for what it's really worth. Usually.

Whats best place to get proper worth for a Good peice of OA?

To be patient, let the word out slowly networking with other collectors. Now understand, I am talking about a big item (like this WW cover) and not a Bagley Ultimate Spider-man cover or a panel page from an Image book.

Consignment with a dealer is also a great way to maximize your profit. According to the seller of this piece, it hadn't been in the open market since 1988 and he could have really used that to his advantage. With Ebay, there is the risk of the right people not seeing it on Ebay during it's run. I don't always check Ebay and I am sure some of the bigger guns miss an item or two that they would have paid alot more for than what it may have sold for.

Plus , getting for example 9K for a piece privately is alot better than getting 8K on Ebay....with fees and all.....

Consignment with a dealer is also a great way to maximize your profit. According to the seller of this piece, it hadn't been in the open market since 1988 and he could have really used that to his advantage. With Ebay, there is the risk of the right people not seeing it on Ebay during it's run. I don't always check Ebay and I am sure some of the bigger guns miss an item or two that they would have paid alot more for than what it may have sold for.

Plus , getting for example 9K for a piece privately is alot better than getting 8K on Ebay....with fees and all.....

I guess that makes Ebay a great place to buy, if you're patient and search daily. I think the buyer got a relatively good deal, at least in relation to the asking prices I see on some other Perez pieces.

Andrew,

you're right...some great deals can be had on Ebay if you're on there at the right time and are patient. - I don't know if it's just the size of the market (comics vs. art) , but unique one of a kind items due poorly and mass produced comics due well....exceptions of course, but generally. -