• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fear Agent News

11 posts in this topic

Well, hopefully it will help me. Out of 5 comic stores around my place, only 1 sells Fear Agent. And only sells about 4 or 5 issues. So maybe the LCSs will like Dark Horse better and buy more. Either way, Fear Agent is my favorite Modern read.

Pretty lame, but I don't blame them.

It's no secret, it's due to the low printed volume. #3 and #4 are evidence of that. 6000 copies is pathetically low and I'm surprised they didn't move sooner.

On the good side, maybe the issues will be more accessible and potentially more sought after (ie higher value due to demand).

Pat

On the good side, maybe the issues will be more accessible and potentially more sought after (ie higher value due to demand).

Pat

Yes, I was thinking that as well. Hopefully re-releasing all of the earlier hard-to-find material via Dark Horse will get it into more hands and hook a bunch more readers on the book. This could make the first 4 or 5 issues originally released from Image pretty hot.

I just hope the number or readers continues to grow with the new publisher, and the series gets some more well deserved respect thumbsup2.gif

won't be the same without tony moore as i think he has moved on once again.

The first Dark Horse arc, tentatively set for April, is the origin story (Tony Moore on art). This centers around the Annubius conflict - the war on Earth that gave birth to the Fear Agents.

Well, according to this part of the article, it seems that he will still be doing at least some of the art and covers even as the series moves to Dark Horse thumbsup2.gif

won't be the same without tony moore as i think he has moved on once again.

He and Opena are still going to be splitting time on this book from my understanding. Tony shops at my LCS, I'll try to ask him if I see him. I always seem to just miss him. I think he must go during the day when I'm at work.

This was posted by Tony on his messageboard:

well, like i said, it won't get into the particulars, but i hope everyone will trust that this wasn't something done on a whim and was really the only way we could keep the book in production.

This allows us to pay everyone what they're worth and keep everyone on board, even allowing me to come back and pay my bills as i do it.

Since this was the only way to keep the book going, I'm behind the move for sure thumbsup2.gif

Although Opena's work is very good, it sounds like Tony will still be doing quite a bit of work on the book, which is great news IMHO grin.gif