• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB - G.I. Combat

38 posts in this topic

Hey Karma,

I may have some of those... I'll check my doubles and let you know, hopefully tonight.

Got any other DC war wants from that era? I'm sitting on a stack of 7.5 to 9.0 Weird War, Our Army at War and Sgt. Rock doubles. Lemme know.

Shep

This forum IS great... I have been able to connect with some really amazing books over the past year and a half. And I've sold quite a few as well. Best of all, I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with all the forumites.

Karma, I will check on those GIC and OAAW issues over the weekend (got your PM). Para, I will check on those 3 WWT books too.

I'm not really a hoarder, but I have done a lot of upgrading over the years, and I typically keep the doubles. I have sold many, but then I'll go on a big upgrade jag, and I'll be left with more extras.

This WTB/WTS forum is a great indicator of how rare high grade bronze age war books truly are. Very, very few truly high grade issues ever appear (by that, I mean 9.0 or better) and CGC copies are truly scarce. I have mentioned this before on other forums, but without a doubt the hardest books to find in 9.0 or better are the G.I. Combat books from #141 to #151. If anyone EVER sees those in nice shape, pick them up. They took me years to get.

Shep

I'm looking to replace some childhood favorites here. In particular issues 162, 163, 165-168, and 172-177. I am especially interested in #166. So post whatcha got in here or shoot me a PM. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Nevermind Karma, Looked through my G.I. Combats and I only have earlier issues. Mostly the greytones. I'll be posting them for sale, would have done that last night but for some reason I couldn't log on to the Forum.

This forum IS great... I have been able to connect with some really amazing books over the past year and a half. And I've sold quite a few as well. Best of all, I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with all the forumites.

Karma, I will check on those GIC and OAAW issues over the weekend (got your PM). Para, I will check on those 3 WWT books too.

I'm not really a hoarder, but I have done a lot of upgrading over the years, and I typically keep the doubles. I have sold many, but then I'll go on a big upgrade jag, and I'll be left with more extras.

This WTB/WTS forum is a great indicator of how rare high grade bronze age war books truly are. Very, very few truly high grade issues ever appear (by that, I mean 9.0 or better) and CGC copies are truly scarce. I have mentioned this before on other forums, but without a doubt the hardest books to find in 9.0 or better are the G.I. Combat books from #141 to #151. If anyone EVER sees those in nice shape, pick them up. They took me years to get.

Shep

I hear ya Shep, I am slowly building a pretty nice G.I.C run and found beautiful copies of 122 and 140 at a recent con here, and I was lucky enough to find a SSWS #151 cloud9.gif in at least 8.5 at the LCS recently for around 25$ so if you look you can find the stuff it's just not easy thumbsup2.gif

I'm looking to replace some childhood favorites here. In particular issues 162, 163, 165-168, and 172-177. I am especially interested in #166. So post whatcha got in here or shoot me a PM. Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Nevermind Karma, Looked through my G.I. Combats and I only have earlier issues. Mostly the greytones. I'll be posting them for sale, would have done that last night but for some reason I couldn't log on to the Forum.

No worries Para, I've had a few offers and it's looking good. I'll be keeping an eye on the ones you post as well 893applaud-thumb.gif

and thanks for taking the time to look!

Do you have a nice copy of GIC #76 (ie, fine or better)? That is the last GI Combat greytone I need. If so, PM me!

Shep