• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

double action comics #1
3 3

153 posts in this topic

Thanks Mark,

Do you know which CBG number this came out of? I have a near-complete run thru 1990 or so some one gave me for the cost of shipping them - a friend had died, and the heirs had no where to store them, so they asked me - would like to read this a bit easier

bob

1437812-ashcan_cbg_p1.rev.jpg

1437813-ashcan_cbg_p2.rev.jpg1437814-ashcan_cbg_p3.rev.jpg

Does anyone here own the Old Glory or the Red White and Blue Aschan's? Don't think I have seen it posted here (Moondog?).

fantasy cover ,is this not the lost cover from dc archives that were possible (stolen)

I heard it is from quite a reliable source according to the material i have read so i thought it was the real deal.If not with all the guys on this board someone must have at least seen the real deal , 2 known copies, so lets get some info.

ashcan

I haven't been on the boards for a while, so I only just saw all this.

I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of the artwork, I never have.

It was apparently borrowed or given as a gift or stolen in the 1960s by some old Canadian guy who's long dead, so I was told. The chain of discovery has eroded over the years, but I still believe it to be true, and have no reason to lie about it.

one more question: If all you needed to prove was a printed piece using a particular title etc.....Why would there NEED to BE a #2 after a #1???? You didnt need to show consecutive issues with the same title did you?

Im guessing there was no #1.

Double Action 2 was certainly released in a limited fashion, as I know of 11 copies, and it has a colour cover, which none of the ashcans have.

I was always told that Double Action 1 was created but never actually released. The cover in colour was supposedly taken from the actual artwork but never printed, which is why, many years ago, I gave the scan of the artwork to Matt Nelson and he created a mockup of the comic, having to re-ink over the cover to clarify it.

Here's a scan of what was supposed to be the original cover, that I've had for years now.

1566312-DoublAct1.jpg

1566312-DoublAct1.jpg.468a43396b99c9bf503a28791bb67553.jpg

one more question: If all you needed to prove was a printed piece using a particular title etc.....Why would there NEED to BE a #2 after a #1???? You didnt need to show consecutive issues with the same title did you?

Im guessing there was no #1.

Double Action 2 was certainly released in a limited fashion, as I know of 11 copies, and it has a colour cover, which none of the ashcans have.

I was always told that Double Action 1 was created but never actually released. The cover in colour was supposedly taken from the actual artwork but never printed, which is why, many years ago, I gave the scan of the artwork to Matt Nelson and he created a mockup of the comic, having to re-ink over the cover to clarify it.

Here's a scan of what was supposed to be the original cover, that I've had for years now.

1566312-DoublAct1.jpg

Hey Ian! Welcome back. Thi is Bill P. , the one you bought the More Funs (52, etc)from a few years back. How have you been?

Hello Ian,

I recently came across a Metal Men Annual online. Have you ever seen one of these?

Yes

I have the whole set

Metal Men

Green Lantern

Hawkman

Showcase

Brave And The Bold

Mystery In Space

Atom

Doom Patrol

Wonder Woman

Unless anyone knows of any others apart from those nine.

Nice to see you back Ian.

But my anti-Repub!ican sentiments are stronger than ever, I'm afraid to say. Which is why I stayed away for so long from these particular boards.

Mine too confused-smiley-013.gif but just here to talk comics.

When time allows, can you post scans of a few more of those annuals, Ian? Would love to see them!

When time allows, can you post scans of a few more of those annuals, Ian? Would love to see them!

Without wishing to stray too far away from the ever unsolvable problem of Double Action 1, you know those nine annuals were all UK only, don't you ???

They were rebound comics in very thick hard solid glossy cardboard covers.

Without wishing to stray too far away from the ever unsolvable problem of Double Action 1, you know those nine annuals were all UK only, don't you ???

They were rebound comics in very thick hard solid glossy cardboard covers.

They're still pretty neat to see. I'd never heard much about them until recently.

Perhaps you could post them in the Silver Age forum?