• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lamont Larson and Superman #1...

16 posts in this topic

It was mentioned on the boards recently that the Larson copy of Supes #1 is missing its back cover. I couldn't help but imagine Lamont cutting along that dotted line on the right edge of the back cover and tacking the Superman pin-up onto his bedroom wall.

I still trade emails with Lamont's daughter Luann, so I asked her to ask her dad if he remembered cutting the back cover off. He answered that he highly doubts he would've done that, as his mother would never have allowed him to pin anything on the wall. Also, he only remembers cutting out coupons for airplane gliders from any of his comics.

So, it appears that Lamont did not cut the back cover off of the Superman #1.

I wonder who did? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

On the original Larson list, the Superman 1 has a note that the back cover is "nearly cut off".

I just picked up the Larson WDC&S 8, and was surprised to learn it was only 1 of 2 books in the collection from that particular title...and the other book (WDC&S 10) is listed as having its back cover "neatly cut out".

STEVE Got Larson?

I am curious what grade the WDCS 8 is in?

It's fairly nice (CGC 7.0, but it presents MUCH better).

100_0970.jpg

BTW, I like your book, tb!

STEVE Got Larson?

Okay, she's a cow, right? But she's Goofy's girlfriend, and he's a dog, right?

That's just wrong. sign-rantpost.gif

I am curious what grade the WDCS 8 is in?

It's fairly nice (CGC 7.0, but it presents MUCH better).

100_0970.jpg

BTW, I like your book, tb!

STEVE Got Larson?

Wow. Fantastic book. That's my favorite cover of the early WDCS issues. Her face just looks so insanely happy as she waters those flowers, it never fails to make me laugh.

It also helps that your copy looks like the inks dried twenty minutes ago! 893whatthe.gif