• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimates 2 - glad its nearly over?

5 posts in this topic

I am. Much as I love Millar and Hitch, the delays are starting to wear on me. Not to mention the story seems to be repeating Vol. 1, and Hitch's art in #12 was looking pretty rushed and ragged.

Don't get me wrong - the title is still better than 90% of what is out there, but it feels like it's time for a change.

I think the next volume is due for a change. A different art team anyway but I'm not sure if Millar will still be writing. I've lovesd this series but I think it could use a lighter touch for a while. Ultimate FF has done a pretty good job of that maybe the Ultimates will follow their lead for an arc or two.

I am. Much as I love Millar and Hitch, the delays are starting to wear on me. Not to mention the story seems to be repeating Vol. 1, and Hitch's art in #12 was looking pretty rushed and ragged.

Don't get me wrong - the title is still better than 90% of what is out there, but it feels like it's time for a change.

I actually prefer the delay. It's so much easier on my wallet. The delay allows me to pick up another book or sometimes a variant. I love it completely and look forward to it when it comes out.... but man that breather is nice sometimes. That was my same thought when I found out that all the Civil War titles had been pushed back. I loved it. If I wasn't on such a tight budget, I'd probably feel the same as you though.

I think the next volume is due for a change. A different art team anyway but I'm not sure if Millar will still be writing. I've lovesd this series but I think it could use a lighter touch for a while. Ultimate FF has done a pretty good job of that maybe the Ultimates will follow their lead for an arc or two.

Well, Jeph Loeb and Joe Maduira are the new team for Volume 3, so we shall see. I understand that Joe Mad is a pretty slow artist also.

I've enjoyed it (the Thor stuff has been the best part of the series, IMO).

Agree with you on the art. For this issue, Hitch had help with the inks. You can tell which pages he inked and which ones the other guy did. Hitch's look great (as usual), the other guy did the pages that look sloppy and rushed. frown.gif