• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 Mile High copy

283 posts in this topic

oh. I thought it was the copy that sold for 1200 in the 70s. Are they the same copy? WHICH 5.5 (NOW 6.5) IS THIS?
Before I comment, I wanted to make it clear, that this info is common knowledge on the boards, and I'm not spilling the beans.This book was purchased from Heritage by action1kid for, I believe $125,000 It was resubbed and came back a 6.5

thanx.. I keep forgetting details like that, but yeah, I remember reading it here a while back. nice book!

You know, I remember reading about that sale in Scoop or something and scratching my head. Afeter seeing the book now, I can see why he paid the big bucks for it. It is worth it. Still an injustice in grading from what I can see. I saw a Marvel #1 graded and slabbed 6.0 at Chicago with a 1" to 2" spine split.

oh. I thought it was the copy that sold for 1200 in the 70s. Are they the same copy? WHICH 5.5 (NOW 6.5) IS THIS?
Before I comment, I wanted to make it clear, that this info is common knowledge on the boards, and I'm not spilling the beans.This book was purchased from Heritage by action1kid for, I believe $125,000 It was resubbed and came back a 6.5

Aman, it`s the White Rose copy, which is the ONLY 5.5 copy that Heritage has sold. What its previous history was before that, I have no idea.

Action1kid, please correct me if I`m wrong, but if I recall you were NOT the buyer of the 5.5 White Rose copy off Heritage. Whoever was the buyer resubbed it and got a 6.5, and then sold it to you.

and, thinking of a 5.5 turning into a 6.5, well, has anyone done a "MasterChief side-by-side comparison"? Did it suddenly just look a whole lot better to CGC a few years later, or did someone before Action1kid "release a little potential" here? Sorry to cast aspersions Action1Kid, but it fits the pattern we are all familiar with..

The only reason I spent what I spent on the book is because I knew it was a 6.5.It diffenatly is higher than 5.5.I mean,Im not an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.What its grade is ,is very clear to me.So I unleashed the bucks for it. The book is exactly the same in every minute detail when it was in each holder.It is Totally unrestored.

Its o.k Amano.As always I welcome your questions.

Aman, it`s the White Rose copy, which is the ONLY 5.5 copy that Heritage has sold. What its previous history was before that, I have no idea.

Action1kid, please correct me if I`m wrong, but if I recall you were NOT the buyer of the 5.5 White Rose copy off Heritage. Whoever was the buyer resubbed it and got a 6.5, and then sold it to you.

TTH2.

You are correct.

The only reason I spent what I spent on the book is because I knew it was a 6.5.It diffenatly is higher than 5.5.I mean,Im not an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.What its grade is ,is very clear to me.So I unleashed the bucks for it. The book is exactly the same in every minute detail when it was in each holder.It is Totally unrestored.

Its o.k Amano.As always I welcome your questions.

you did well. It looks better each time I see it too! At first the "low grade" (compared to so many 9.4s and 9.6s) appears puny and unworthy! But that book itself looks tight, clean and sharp on the edges. Sort of questions the whole process of assigning numbers to a wide pool of comics, shoving them all into neat compartments like 8.5, 9.0 etc. when clearly many many copies have slightly different aspects of wear etc.

But, here we are!

Even the pages are off white! I guess they took off alot of points for those scratch marks[upper right side] ???

I wish someone with a better copy would share it with us.

I guess Im the highest grade thats willing to share pics and info on this book.

Ill go up to Mount Olympus and see if I can get some of the GODS of comics to show us a better copy!

i do think it's ridiculous that cgc grades it a 5.5 (i think that’s what it was)

then turns around and re-grades it a 6.5. to me cgc has absolutely NO credibility. other then a weather man, what other business can be run that way?

i do think it's ridiculous that cgc grades it a 5.5 (i think that’s what it was)

then turns around and re-grades it a 6.5. to me cgc has absolutely NO credibility. other then a weather man, what other business can be run that way?

893scratchchin-thumb.gifVery strong words.

is it not ridiculous? please tell me if i'm wrong. explain to me how it's not complete bs.

is it not ridiculous? please tell me if i'm wrong. explain to me how it's not complete bs.

Taking into consideration, that their is a gun pointed at me in your avitar, I'm going to keep my mouth shut. grin.gif

I just feel sorry for the guy that sent it in and got a 5.5 and then sold it.....

if it was nicer, I'd have cracked it out, shouted a few explicatives and tucked it away again.

restoration check achieved.

I agree. But I think CGC uses a dart board to grade books. At least fromt eh stuff I've seen.

I agree. But I think CGC uses a dart board to grade books. At least fromt eh stuff I've seen.

Yeah... because you've never seen CGC books that are graded consistently foreheadslap.gif

How many books have been graded now and how many have been resubbed for a better grade with no "potential" being added?

CGC has it's problems, but statements like yours are ludicrous.

Even the pages are off white! I guess they took off alot of points for those scratch marks[upper right side] ???

I wish someone with a better copy would share it with us.

I guess Im the highest grade thats willing to share pics and info on this book.

Ill go up to Mount Olympus and see if I can get some of the GODS of comics to show us a better copy!

I have a nicer copy...but its a reprint stooges.gifgrin.gif I think that your copy is one of the best...you will get more than $125k if you sell it now...just my opinion.