• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Merry Marching MLJ Thread

311 posts in this topic

These evidently don't get no respect so to kick things off:

Pep3.jpg

STEVE Got Larson?

No. sorry.gif

gossip.gif Who's this "Lamont" guy?

I think you showed me this book once. Does it have a really nice Jack Cole story? If so, could you go ahead and jam it in the scanner and post the story. It shouldn't hurt it more than a couple grades.

thumbsup2.gif

That Pep 3 cover is amazing...I passed up a lower-grade copy years ago and still regret it. I love the falling bombs with their cute little parachutes! 27_laughing.gif One of my favorite "NYC under attack" GA covers.

It's actually a scan of a color xerox I made before I sent the book to CGC. It came back an 8.0 and one was of the first books I ever sold on ebay. Unfortunately, you really can't see the "Larson" on the cover in the picture... frown.gif

I can see it very clearly....because I now own the book! (haha)

You really threw me for a loop for a moment because I just saw the Pep 7 in my safety deposit box on Saturday, and couldn't quite figure out how you were now posting a scan of it.

I may not know who is Jessica Simpson's boy toy of the week, or what planet that Dennis Rodman comes from, but I do know my books....and that Pep 7 is a GREAT item.

STEVE

27_laughing.gif That would throw me for a loop as well!

It's nice to see how books can move from one good home to another. thumbsup2.gif

Pep3.jpg

I think you showed me this book once. Does it have a really nice Jack Cole story? If so, could you go ahead and jam it in the scanner and post the story. It shouldn't hurt it more than a couple grades.

thumbsup2.gif

Yup, it's got a Jack Cole Comet story cloud9.gif

The Comet is brainswashed into doing the bidding of an evil scientist and kills 10 people while committing a bank robbery, including blasting the heads of a couple policeman! 893whatthe.gif

The Novick cover and story are quite enjoyable, but the Cole art is what I especially appreciate about the book.

Thanks to sacentaur for this copy. flowerred.gif

Pep3.jpg

STEVE Got Larson?

No. sorry.gif

gossip.gif Who's this "Lamont" guy?

thumbsup2.gif

That Pep Comics #3 story is a classic and controversial, as our hero "The Comet" gets hypnotized by a bad guy and kills the police!

pep03_14.jpg

pep03_15.jpg

pep03_16.jpg

pep03_17.jpg

pep03_18.jpg

pep03_19.jpg

pep03_20.jpg

blush.gif I'm also proud to say my scans have been in Alter-Ego twice, and I was credited twice for them! blush.gif

Thanks for scanning the story! thumbsup2.gif

blush.gif I'm also proud to say my scans have been in Alter-Ego twice, and I was credited twice for them! blush.gif

Thanks for scanning the story! thumbsup2.gif

Adam, now that Shield has scanned the Pep 3 Cole story, I presume that means you'll be selling the book back to me...Oh Happy Day!! poke2.gif

STEVE Got Larson?

That Pep Comics #3 story is a classic and controversial, as our hero "The Comet" gets hypnotized by a bad guy and kills the police!

pep03_15.jpg

The woman with her roof garden is a nice touch.

pep03_20.jpg

Comet sorta takes the edge off Cyclops' originality, doesn't he?

Thanks for posting the story -- great stuff.

Jack

35.jpg

I LOVE your group shots Shield!!!! Great stuff. Alas I have very few MLJ's left anymore. I once owned a big stack of Larson Zips. I sold them to Scotty Moore if memory serves.. wish I had them back.