• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Merry Marching MLJ Thread

311 posts in this topic

What a smoking copy!

I've heard you have a nice book or two stashed away and this certainly would be the type of book to keep.

Here is a pretty MLJ from the Mile High collection. I may be old fashioned, but for me, nothin says Nazi more than a guy with a swastika across his face.

sign-funnypost.gif

THAT is the Stephen Fishler I know and love!! One of the top three funniest guys in comics....

Here is a pretty MLJ from the Mile High collection. I may be old fashioned, but for me, nothin says Nazi more than a guy with a swastika across his face.

sign-funnypost.gif

THAT is the Stephen Fishler I know and love!! One of the top three funniest guys in comics....

Fishler and Dolgoff I get easily, but who's the 3rd??

sign-funnypost.gif

Fishler and Dolgoff I get easily, but who's the 3rd??

Dolgoff??? HA HA HA! 27_laughing.gif

You had dinner with the other two in Chicago you goofus!

PEP28a.jpg

What a treasure...a great cover!!! thumbsup2.gif I've seen the cover before, but when you see the Mile HIgh it's another level altogether. Thanks for sharing.

Gotta love the Nazi dude's belt with a skull (as if the two swastikas aren't visible enough) and he dares trample on both NYC and Chicago at the same time.... 27_laughing.gif

GE

Gotta love the Nazi dude's belt with a skull (as if the two swastikas aren't visible enough) and he dares trample on both NYC and Chicago at the same time.... 27_laughing.gif

GE

I think the skull on the belt is a reference to the actual Nazi SS / "Death's Head" that wore the skull on their helmet. An example would be Adolf Eichman or Himmler.

Scrooge, it's all your fault!

Every since you posted this...

I learn something every day. I was looking over Pep 39 and the splash page for Bentley of Scotland Yard stopped me in my tracks as it obviously was also the same image as the cover to Liberty 12. I never knew that. Here they are side-by-side -

1423630-Liberty-Pep-Combo.jpg

...in another thread, I've been aching for a copy of Pep 39. Well Metro just listed one, and it cost me a pretty penny to obtain it thank you very much.

So now I have to break it to the wife and kids that it's gonna be macaroni and cheese every night for dinner for an entire month.

Oh the agonies that us GA collectors have to suffer through...

STEVE Got Larson?

My favorite strip in early Pep is "The Rocket and the Queen of Diamonds"; if not the Comet by Jack Cole.

Agreed, Shield - The Rocket and the Queen of Diamonds is a very well done and entertaining strip. Here's the opening page from the story in Pep 6:

100_1101.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Thanks for taking a pic of the interior page. Streeter's a fine artist for what looks like a Flash Gordon type story.

(continuing the hit parade, as long as you fellas don't mind...)

The following cover is a classic IMHO, and I've held a certain fascination for it ever since I first laid eyes on a scan in Richard O'Brien's The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1977...anyone remember that book?

100_1058.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson, or in this case Allentown)

Hey, Steve

Hope you wiped the food off that counter top before putting those beauties on it! wink.gif

--Mitch

Aw, what's a mustard stain on the back cover between friends!

It's my carpet, actually - still learning the tricks of the photo trade and that darn flash seems to bounce off everything. Having a 'magic' camera does help, however grin.gif

STEVE (make mine Larson)