• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF Question

16 posts in this topic

In what issue of Fantastic Four did The Thing first say, "It's clobbering time?"

Might have been an early Strange Tales...

poke2.gif

I give. Which issue?

I don't know. I've been wondering lately where the first appearance of that phase was. If no one here knows, I'm sure it's a complete mystery.

how are you so sure?

George Olshevsky, one of the most exacting people when it comes to comics, noted in his OFFICIAL MARVEL INDEX TO THE FANTSTIC FOUR in the "Comments" entry for issue #22 "The Thing utters his famous battle cry 'It's clobberin' time!' for the first time in this issue."

how are you so sure?

George Olshevsky, one of the most exacting people when it comes to comics, noted in his OFFICIAL MARVEL INDEX TO THE FANTSTIC FOUR in the "Comments" entry for issue #22 "The Thing utters his famous battle cry 'It's clobberin' time!' for the first time in this issue."

Good enough for me. Thanks for solving the mystery.

how are you so sure?

Good enough for me. Thanks for solving the mystery.

You could just read the issues and see for your self? confused-smiley-013.gif

There's a thought. Reading comics. 27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

Just reading the issue wouldn't help as you'd have to read all Thing appearance that came prior to confirm that it's the first time he used "it's clobbering time".

Not everyone has all the early FF, and other thing appearances prior to FF 22....

although I do cloud9.gif

Just not all NM like yours 893censored-thumb.gif

Reading comics is a geat idea. makepoint.gif

Just reading the issue wouldn't help as you'd have to read all Thing appearance that came prior to confirm that it's the first time he used "it's clobbering time".

Not everyone has all the early FF, and other thing appearances prior to FF 22....

although I do cloud9.gif

Marvel Masterworks gossip.gif

although I do cloud9.gif

But now I know which one to buy! makepoint.gif

although I do cloud9.gif

touche

although I do cloud9.gif

touche

It's just not the same....and it's cheaper just to read my originals.....even if I do tear a page or two. makepoint.gif