• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is up with shipping fees on ebay??

43 posts in this topic

I mailed a package to Chromium in Belgium via USPS Express - it left here 6/10 and somehow it was detained in Germany (Damn you Jens!) and sat in customs until 6/25 and finally got to Chromium on 6/27??? So minus wait at customs in Germany (why customs here? maybe because the Belgians are all stoned from their hash bars all high on the white horse, that they couldn't assess the difference between a bomb and a bong coming through their country?), it would have been express 4 days....factor in customs now...lucky it wasn't a month longer....oh and by the way I sent your Hulk books out today! grin.gif

*SIGH* smilie_tischkante.gif

Legally stoned = Holland

No minimum drinking age (+ the BEST chocolate) = Belgium

Apart from this I must agree with everything Darth says, CGC slabs need boxes, raw books can be shipped in envelops, but the seller must know what he's doing and use the famous 'cardboard sandwich' (no Greggy it's not what you think, get your mind out of the gutter 893whatthe.gif)

I guess I got lucky when both Darth and Chrisco became my overseas expeditors (Darth won't let me call him "my mail-b1tch" anymore smile.gif )

As they both are very careful packers and spend a LOT of time insuring that my packages arrive safely, most of the time it's even comics that were sent to them that they just pass on...

I'm blessed to have friends like that...

She tells me she is Self Insuring her items, and keeps the money to pay claims if she ever has them. What a load of spewwwww

This topic came up in the comic book insurance thread. Seems that it is possible to buy insurance for your collection that will cover items you ship through the mail. Obviously not the case that you describe, but there is definitely a way to avoid paying the USPS for insuring each shipment!

Comic Book Insurance

Slightly 893offtopic1.gif...How does that Brain Boy #5 look... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ...seeing as you and i were bidding on it, I am slightly curious.... insane.gif

Funnily enough...the grading was very accurate. Definitely a 9.2 - 9.4. If I had access to a scanner right now I would put it up. cloud9.gif

I was going to tell you it was a POS but it is not often I outbid you....so suffer.