• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for marvel love comics my love our love

36 posts in this topic

Hi. I am new to the boards. i am looking for to put together a complete bronze age marvel collection. its been going pretty good. i have collected for many years and put together some nice runs. the love comics are pretty hard to come by in fine or better. figures i never picked up any in the any in all the years i was buying back issues....now they are few and far between...

i am also interested in...

millie the model #178 - 207

mad about millie #1- 16

my love

our love

chili

i have some issues but finding any nicer grade copies is tuff. if anyone has copies they wanna move...let me know. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

its funny...the books you mocked and overlooked for years become your grails. plus you look real cute at shows or conventions asking dealers if they have any my or our love comics. that and the hanna barbara comics from marvel are ruining my rep!!! hahaha

its funny...the books you mocked and overlooked for years become your grails. plus you look real cute at shows or conventions asking dealers if they have any my or our love comics. that and the hanna barbara comics from marvel are ruining my rep!!! hahaha

I happen to collect the "Pictureframe" copies of these books, and yes, they are very hard to find in high grade. Even F to VF copies are noticeably uncommon. Our buddy Greggy just posted a whole slew of Our Love Story and My Love covers in the Bronze section, under the "25-cent Picture Frame Marvels" thread, go check 'em out.

I also collect the Pictureframe issues from some of the other titles you mentioned (Chili is non-existant, as is Harvey, Li'l Kids, Li'l Pals, and Millie issues are the worst, hands-down).

The few truly high grade copies I own I've shown to some established dealers. Some have never seen the covers before, most say they only see them in VG, and virtually all say my copies are the best they've encountered.

Many of these books and issues mean nothing to most comic collectors, but in terms of rarity alone, they are indeed a worthy pursuit for those that do care.

sorry.gif

and after you were nice to give me a heads up on a ped

sorry.gifsorry.gif

flowerred.gif

First dibs on your Marvel Romance collection! 27_laughing.gif

Speaking of which, there are a good deal of high grade pedigreed Chilis, My Loves, and Our Love storys on pedigreecomics.com. Probably all outside the range you are looking to spend. I know they are outside mine.

Homer the Happy Ghost!

Peter the Little Pest!

These books aren't that hard to find, they are just hard to find in high grade. They weren't the sort of books that were well taken care of.

Finished peter the little pest...yee haa....have the first homer the happy ghost....fine or better is ok with me. most my and our love comics on ebay look like they were put into the ringer...some more then once. then of course....if it says vf your lucky to get a fine out of the deal.

Welcome to the quest. I'm only 46 book from finishing my Bronze Age Marvel run. Millies, My Love and Our Love Story make up 60% of what I need. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can trade some dupes.

Define CGC prices confused-smiley-013.gif

makepoint.gifTop dollar.

I believe earlier this year 2 love books from Marvel sold for a little over $300 in CGC9.4. Thats is the silly money I'm talking about. Replacing the ones I have would be next to impossible so it would take alot of dough to get them from me.

There is really no data in GPA on these series so it makes it hard to determine there real market value. Seeing how quick the ones on clink went for had me thinking of this about 6 months ago.