• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are people starting to actually appreciate great golden age comics?

206 posts in this topic

Metro had an unrestored vg/fine [4 months ago].It was on the site for a few months before that.Why did you let it go???? About 31k

Financially I wasn't in a position to buy it.

Start winning a few cases! poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif Our first year in business has been very good. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, my wife has her eye on a new car that is going to eat into the comic buying budget for the next few months.

Maybe they still have it? Its no longer posted on the site but you never know.Did you see that book when it was on? I thought the grade was dead on at 5.0. unrestored.

I check Metro pretty regularly to drool over another book that I've had my eye on. I was aware of the Tec 1 VG/FN, but I would be more interested in a copy like Win has -- a gorgeous looking professionally restored copy.

Metro had an unrestored vg/fine [4 months ago].It was on the site for a few months before that.Why did you let it go???? About 31k

27_laughing.gif Our first year in business has been very good. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, my wife has her eye on a new car that is going to eat into the comic buying budget for the next few months.

Start winning a few really big cases! poke2.gif

It was clearly a joke. As has recently been established, Stephen is one of the three funniest guys in comics.

Oh 893whatthe.gif

Who are the other two? popcorn.gifpoke2.gif

I think Greg White is one of them.

Stop it. My soda just flew out of my nose.

jkrk,

Looks familiar... Probably because I was the seller (eBay: Stars-and-Stripes)!!! It's always a pleasure being able to connect the dots from an eBay/Comiclink transaction here in the Forum.

Congrats, jkrk. Enjoy the great book! Thanks again for your business!

Thanks for the book. I really thought the book looked better than the grade. I was curious as to who you purchaed the book from?. Pls Pm me if you have any other MM's you wish to move. Perhaps we can avoid E-Bay this trip?

Jay

It was clearly a joke. As has recently been established, Stephen is one of the three funniest guys in comics.

Oh 893whatthe.gif

Who are the other two? popcorn.gifpoke2.gif

I think Greg White is one of them.

Stop it. My soda just flew out of my nose.

Me too! But unfortunatly for me it landed in my wifes face.

Oh, just buy her a early 90s Miata and spend the dough you save on a nice GA key wink.gif

Maybe they still have it? Its no longer posted on the site but you never know.Did you see that book when it was on? I thought the grade was dead on at 5.0. unrestored.

I check Metro pretty regularly to drool over another book that I've had my eye on. I was aware of the Tec 1 VG/FN, but I would be more interested in a copy like Win has -- a gorgeous looking professionally restored copy.

Win has many copies of Tec 1. poke2.gif

Please. Just because I have my wife quickly move it to each room of the house as I show you around doesn't mean I have multiple copies.

27_laughing.gif

That explains the 17 copies of Action 1 I thought you had. foreheadslap.gif

Please. Just because I have my wife quickly move it to each room of the house as I show you around doesn't mean I have multiple copies.

Since we're talking about my 'Tec 1, I'll show it again. Twist my arm......

Detective%201a%20Front.jpg

I remember walking in to Cherokee Bookstore in the sixties and seeing a Detective 1 in the display case at the 1st floor register and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world. I wonder who has that copy now.