• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Comprises CGC's restoration detection division? Where are Friesen & Brevard?

218 posts in this topic

People on the boards are asking for answers. If we're so hungry for answers and the only way we can get them is through a filter then so be it.

This is it right here BK,

We ARE hungry for answers.. you are right. But I am not so hungry to go panhandling for crumbs thrown my way, in a secondhand fashion. I already knew all the material that Mark posted,as I imagine a core group of posters did as well. No big secret

Either CGC thinks the questions posed to them publicly here are important enough to answer publicly, or they do not. I am all for moving a conversation foward, if a phone call is needed sometimes, then by all means.. call.

Everybody knows me here.. I am kind to a fault...but if CGC has to be massaged into answering hot button issues, then they can have it. I personally wont play that game anymore. It is insulting to me, as it should be to you.

What have we really learned today?, That Canti has left CGC?.. wow. That Chis does not press books onsite under the official CGC umbrella. Wow again. In the end, as with everything else comic related.. it comes down to what we do as individuals that matters. I just decided recently I can no longer seprerate the two anymore. I have to call a spade a spade.

We are adult comsumers here, and they are a company selling us a product. Perhaps everyone should remember that more.

Ze-

Can we just pause for a moment to reflect on and appreciate FK's new avatar?

And yes, Beyonder, I know that this adds nothing to the discussion, but it makes me happy. cloud9.gif

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Kenny --

I'm not insulted at all. I accept this as a reality of the way business is done in America. Sadly, if you want to have answers on issues, you can't sit there and demand them and except the mountain to come to you, you need to go to the mountain.

Trouble is, I'm not sure there is any impact anymore. We are a small voice in the community. On certain issues we can make a push when we are all unified (or most of us) -- but there's a definitive split on a lot the disclosure issues, and how hard what direction to take with some of these confusing issues in our hobby. As a result I think our internally small group is being ignored and will continue to be -- because quite honestly, responding has not done CGC much good -- it doesn't actually help them to respond. If we as a small group are happy or unhappy, satisfied or unsatisfied, I'm not sure they see much of a reason to actually care these days.

I've never been one to quit or back away simply because an immediate impact cannot be seen or even achieved. Small groups have a tendency to grow large. In order to create a large fire one generally starts with small embers.

Kenny --

I'm not insulted at all. I accept this as a reality of the way business is done in America. Sadly, if you want to have answers on issues, you can't sit there and demand them and except the mountain to come to you, you need to go to the mountain.

You should be Brian, That is my main problem..... I can call and ask them all the questions I want,and have many times. I have learned more then I care to know actually... on , and off the record.

I am just frustrated by the whole scenario.

Obviously. tongue.gif This really isn't about me though. I have stomped my feet enough.

How bout this question then?

Does Chris F. press, or restore books for clients outside the CGC umbrella. Yes or no?

Ze-

BTW, as I am typing this post the Mets just lost.. I was screaming at Beltran to swing, I knew he was gonna throw a sinker.

What a GREAT season though , 3 runs short. You should all be proud, dont let tonight ruin the awesome run. thumbsup2.gif I am not even a Mets fan, and I still feel sad... flowerred.gif

Does Chris F. press, or restore books for clients outside the CGC umbrella. Yes or no?

Ze-

Give me a call for the answer..... poke2.gif

As long as I can call you, and write down what we talk about, and then I will PM you with the post I want to make, and then you can PM me telling me it is ok to post what I want to post. Then I will PM you and tell you I will post what I pm'ed you about me posting

And if that is ok, you can pm me , or call me and tell me it is ok to post what I asked you about and you told me about and I asked you to verify what we talked about and you said it was ok to post.

Or you could speak for yourself and just make a post now about what you want to really say.

Ze-

"Does Chris F. press, or restore books for clients outside the CGC umbrella. Yes or no?"

No.

Let it be known to FFB, that asking a question here can garner a direct answer.

I don't know what your take is on the "call to get answers" or "post here to get answers" debate is Steve, but it would seem preferable for you to have us post questions and concerns here, than field calls from all of us all day long having to answer the same questions and concerns over and over again to each person. One post could take care of everyone at the same time. (I know many don't call, but if we were to take Scott's and other's suggestion to call CGC on every question, you would soon get inundated).

I'd rather post here, which would give you a chance to think out a written response, than call you up, possibly interupting you, and putting you on the spot for an answer off the top of your head about an important topic. By posting, it allows you time to think out and formulate a reasoned response at a time which is convenient for you to do so.

Sometimes these responses come and many times they do not.

I'd be interested to hear how you would like us to approach issues which involve CGC policy, CGC's official stance on an a topic, or other CGC/hobby relevant topics.

Thanks, John

reading and skimming most of the posts between scott and mark finally helped me understand how lawyers can burn thru hours at a time, costing their poor clients a lot of money.....

Excuse me? Your implication that I bilk my clients by overbilling is really offensive and way out of line.

I have a slightly different take. People on the boards are asking for answers. If we're so hungry for answers and the only way we can get them is through a filter then so be it. The alternative seems to be no answers. Because CGC is going to keep rolling along until competition enters the marketplace or people stop trusting slabs (on a mass scale). If those are my choices, I'll take the second hand answers for the time being, even if filtered. The problem is, the answers can never be satisfactory because I think the truth is probably that there is some favoritism, it's not a completely transparent process, and the grading/resto standards seem to be a sliding scale that's not readily available for us to read. What's the answer in return? I'm not suggesting giving up, but to be quite honest, they're the best game in town, and the fact is, their security is better than none at all. I hate to say it, but that's really the state we've reached.

Brian, I thank you for remaining the moderate voice of reason amongst the insanity!! insane.gif