• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Look at the price this book realized!!!!! INSANE!!!!

100 posts in this topic

Wow. Steve is a board member. Looks like he tripped the reserve price.

what must he be smoking? I don't get it. That is twice as much as the last 114 CGC 9.8 got. You can get a 9.6 for less than 10% of the final sale price.

Casey

How the hell does that work when the next high bidder was under 1k confused-smiley-013.gif
Reserve was $3,000 fool makepoint.gif

Yeah no *spoon* Sherlock foreheadslap.gif

So, why are you asking your dumbazz question? Reserve wasn't met until he bid the $3,000. It's irrelevant that the runner-up was less than $1K. makepoint.gif

what must he be smoking? I don't get it. That is twice as much as the last 114 CGC 9.8 got. You can get a 9.6 for less than 10% of the final sale price.

Casey

What's amazing is that the reserve was set that high.

I thought the $4000+ he just paid for a 9.8 101 was insane. 893whatthe.gif

This must be a mistake. I refuse to believe he just dropped 3K on a 9.8 114..... insane.gif

At least the 101 is a bronze age key, what the heck is 114? screwy.gif

Someone pls provide him with a link to GPA ... that due need a subscription ASAP

i would never pay anything near that for this book...

No, someone needs to take away his computer. insane.gif27_laughing.gif

Now if he just gets it signed by Byrne/Austin/Clairmont it might be worth it! thumbsup2.gif

Steve is a very nice guy who I have dealt with before..He is an X-Men completist..When you want a book badly especially one you dont see too often you shell out the money..If he has that type of money then its not a big deal to him..I believe he can easily sell his X-Men 101 for the price he purchased it for, maybe not the 114 but from what I think is he only bought it to help him complete his run not to sell.

Steve is a very nice guy who I have dealt with before..He is an X-Men completist..When you want a book badly especially one you dont see too often you shell out the money..If he has that type of money then its not a big deal to him..I believe he can easily sell his X-Men 101 for the price he purchased it for, maybe not the 114 but from what I think is he only bought it to help him complete his run not to sell.

Hey, if you got the money then go for it. I have no problem with it. I was just shocked. I am an X-men completionist as well and i've spent some big bucks on some of my books but when I check GPA and see that a 9.6 114 sold for less than $300 I'd settle for the 9.6 and save the rest for a bigger key. Just my opinion.

Casey