• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Look at the price this book realized!!!!! INSANE!!!!

100 posts in this topic

I thought the $4000+ he just paid for a 9.8 101 was insane. 893whatthe.gif

This must be a mistake. I refuse to believe he just dropped 3K on a 9.8 114..... insane.gif

At least the 101 is a bronze age key, what the heck is 114? screwy.gif

Must be something about the 114. The seller set the reserve on the 114 higher than he did on the 100. confused-smiley-013.gif

9.6 114 sold for less than $300 I'd settle for the 9.6 and save the rest for a bigger key. Just my opinion.Casey

Same here. thumbsup2.gif

Given that there is such a tiny -- and likely subjective -- difference between a 9.6 and a 9.8, it doesn't seem wise spending 10x 9.6 money for a 9.8. Even Steve F from Metropolis has stated here that he thinks a 9.6 might be a 9.8 on another day and vice versa.

Oh... and don't forget the slab damage potential associated with a 9.8. crazy.gif

This must be a mistake. I refuse to believe he just dropped 3K on a 9.8 114..... insane.gif

Must be something about the 114. The seller set the reserve on the 114 higher than he did on the 100. confused-smiley-013.gif

I believe the only thing of importance is the first use of Uncanny and also if you look in the census there are 8 copies of X-Men 100 in 9.8 but only 2 copies of 114 in 9.8..

Just. Plain. Stupid. sumo.gif

gossip.gif uh, not you Shad . . . the buyer. wink.gif

Hey now, be nice. Whats stupid to some obviously isnt to others.

Some might consider owning multiple copies of Vampi 1 stupid poke2.gif

or

multiple copies of Cap 110 acclaim.gif

well, if you believe the seller, a 9.8 copy went for $2900 on Comiclink earlier, so that $3000 reserve isn't actually unreasonable..................

remember that Clink prices do NOT get into GPA (which is a shame because it can cause this sort of thing..............).

still, $3000 for any x-men in the 100's seems kinda nutz, but to each his own.......

or

I agree, you guys should stop *spoon* talking hi end buyers. One guy might think it's stoopid to spend $500,000+ on a Maclaren/Mercedes Benz SLR, but I'm betting the owner doesn't think so. We can be amazed at prices without insulting buyers and sellers.

R.

or

I agree, you guys should stop *spoon* talking hi end buyers. One guy might think it's stoopid to spend $500,000+ on a Maclaren/Mercedes Benz SLR, but I'm betting the owner doesn't think so. We can be amazed at prices without insulting buyers and sellers.

R.

Very well said thumbsup2.gif

Different strokes for different folks, nothing more.

Some people want the best existing copy and will pay accordingly, hey all the power to them.

Some people want readers and will pay accordingly, again all the power to them.

Do/buy what you like/collect and dont worry about what others are doing confused-smiley-013.gif

You got me,tth confused-smiley-013.gif

Casey

well, if you believe the seller, a 9.8 copy went for $2900 on Comiclink earlier, so that $3000 reserve isn't actually unreasonable..................

remember that Clink prices do NOT get into GPA (which is a shame because it can cause this sort of thing..............).

still, $3000 for any x-men in the 100's seems kinda nutz, but to each his own.......

That's a good point, BB. I didn't realize comiclink did not get into GPA.

or

R.

Yeah, I shouldn't talk. I've spent money on books i'm sure some of you would think is screwy.gif sorry sorry.gif

or

R.

Yeah, I shouldn't talk. I've spent money on books i'm sure some of you would think is screwy.gif sorry sorry.gif

Like that 222 you beat me to poke2.gifmakepoint.gifstooges.gif

or

R.

Like that 222 you beat me to poke2.gifmakepoint.gifstooges.gif

ah, yes X-men 222 cloud9.gifstooges.gif27_laughing.gif

or

Niko,

This is a bulletin board. My comment is my opinion. I could care less what the dude spends his money on. My comment wasn't meant to be mean or vindictive. It is MY opinion. It is a bulletin board. I posted it. The problem around here, is that when you say something short and concise, people think it's your only opinion, and rise on their soapboxes (a la Roy) to condemn every post that could be interpreted negatively. We could be all smiles around here, but then it wouldn't be interesting at all.

btw, it's still stoopid. It's $3,000 fergawdsakes on what amounts to little more than a very common book that's been arbitrarily assigned a grade and may not even be that grade still, due to its encasement. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-D