• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FA: James Jean, Jae Lee, Michael Golden, Y the Last Man and More!

15 posts in this topic

Some of you have probably seen these already, but I tossed some nice pieces on ebay for a 10-day auction starting last Thursday.

Included in the auction are sketches from Jae Lee, Michael Golden, Ryan Ottley and Stuart Sayger, as well as a nice Y the Last Man interior (with all the main characters) and a NICE James Jean Fables TPB prelim.

Check them out here...

whats the reserve on the fables?

Place a bid and find out devil.gif

I don't thrill bid, If it's something i think i might have a shot at I will. If it's a big secret, then i'll just pass.

I don't thrill bid, If it's something i think i might have a shot at I will. If it's a big secret, then i'll just pass.

I'm not the type to tell one person the reserve and let the rest of ebay guess. I will tell you that as of this morning, it's getting very close.

I was hoping your Fables 40(?) cover was up

That would be an interesting auction!! JJ's prices are super absurd right now.

If either of my published covers ever go, it'll probably be a private sale (or email auction). The prices are getting nutty, but they really don't seem to be coming back down to earth. Especially since JJ isn't really doing a whole lot of comic work right now (and probably won't be increasing that workload in the future).

I'm not the type to tell one person the reserve and let the rest of ebay guess. I will tell you that as of this morning, it's getting very close.

whats the big secret, a reserve is to protect your investment, nothing more. I could never figure out why there was the big issue of not telling anyone. Good luck on your auctions, there is some really nice stuff listed.

whats the big secret, a reserve is to protect your investment, nothing more. I could never figure out why there was the big issue of not telling anyone. Good luck on your auctions, there is some really nice stuff listed.

Thanks! No big secret - I simply don't want to influence bidding on the piece. Why potentially limit the percieved value of the art by offering what amounts to a free appraisal on it?

If this were a comic book with a set market value, I'd defintely post the reserve, but a market value has not yet been determined on this piece, so I'm not going to tell people what it's worth to me.

Hope that makes sense flowerred.gif

The prices are getting nutty, but they really don't seem to be coming back down to earth.

Yeah. At least JJ's prices are created by an actual demand for his work, unlike some artists who are simply priced sky high out of the gate.

Yeah, I don't see jj prices coming down any time soon. He's started keeping all the best pieces for himself, further limiting the supply on the market, and increasing the demand for what few pieces DO hit the market. On top of that, he's thinking of leaving illustration work to pursue more personal endeavors. So while there's a good chance he'll continue to do Fables covers for the forseeable future, there's also a very good chance that these will be the ONLY comic book work he produces.