• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flame Thrower War Covers: Post Here

52 posts in this topic

I've got a handful I could post. Here's a photo of some. I think I have some scans around somewhere too.

1443300-IMG_0132.JPG

That's one hot group of comic covers! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

One sub-genre i have always a fascination with is war-oriented flame thrower covers. The teen buys these books, showing him what he can do once he joins the army, This US Marines #3 from 1944 is the earliest one I know of.

USMarines003.jpg

While one of the best, i think Master 35 precedes it (although not actually a "military" flamethrower cover).

I've got a handful I could post. Here's a photo of some. I think I have some scans around somewhere too.

1443300-IMG_0132.JPG

I concur - and would be grateful if you could post some of these larger size especially the WAR issue

thanks for the group shot, i have my work cut out for me thumbsup2.gif

I concur - and would be grateful if you could post some of these larger size especially the WAR issue

thanks for the group shot, i have my work cut out for me thumbsup2.gif

Not mine, but I love posting it:

War11full.jpg