• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet & Price Variants

27 posts in this topic

frown.gif The last one I found in the 1992 OVERSTREET Comic Book Price Guide #22 is the Invaders #6 cool.gif. Wonder how they decided to put comics in the price guide did people just write in and say I found this comic, or did they actually have to see a copy of the book? confused-smiley-013.gif

After Jon McClure had written his articles in CBM, I had found a few previously undiscovered 30 cent variants. When I notified Jon, he had me take color photocopies of the books, which he then forwarded on to Overstreet in an attempt to lobby them to note them. He was very clear that they absolutely wanted proof they existed, and even he felt they were hesitant to seperate the listings.

After Jon McClure had written his articles in CBM, I had found a few previously undiscovered 30 cent variants. When I notified Jon, he had me take color photocopies of the books, which he then forwarded on to Overstreet in an attempt to lobby them to note them. He was very clear that they absolutely wanted proof they existed, and even he felt they were hesitant to seperate the listings.

Very Cool thanks for that post thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif.

Do you recall what year those CBM articles were printed? I thought about posting scans of them hear in this thread if I can, and I have those books somewhere I will just have to dig them out of storage. I been hoping to find some mention of them in the what is Hot articles in some of my Overstreet Price Update Magazines but nothing so far and I only have a few from the eairly 90's so I will probably come up empty.