• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deja-Vu...

8 posts in this topic

OK..so I'm at my LCS the other day and I'm flipping through a bunch of new old mags that he recently got in and lo and behold I come upon...Deja-Vu, published in 1982 by FantaCo.

I promptly stuffed it in my stack-of-stuff since anything with a Wrightson cover of this magnatude can't be half bad. I was pleasently surprised when I opened it up to find that it contains a compendium of reprinted stories by Jeff Jones, Michael Kaluta and Berni Wrightson. It's ad-free and black and white throughout but is printed on fairly heavy paper stock and the stories are reproduced very nicely indeed.

I also note that I was unable to find this listed in OS and none were available on eBay the last time I looked. Anyway I thought I would show this sweet cover and perhaps others would have more info on this mag. ie: were there subsequant issues published?...what is it's value?...and so forth... wink.gif

deja-vu.jpg

At one time they were fairly common as Fantagraphics probably overprinted it. It's probably not in Overstreet because it is considered more of a fanzine that a magazine. (I don't think it was distributed to newstands. Good stuff and definately worth having.

I am surprised that you couldn't find it on eBay. But once the excess stock dries up, they probably don't come out to often. I probably have 2 or 3 in one of the old boxex packed in the corner of the basement. I used to by extras because I figured eventually these kind of ideas would be appreciated.

I don't recall a aecond issue.

Gary J.

Fantaco did some cool stuff in the 80's, they did a comic sized comic as well called Gore Shreik(Greg capullo's first work was in issue #1 I beleive) that if I remember right was pretty damn twisted and cool. When I was a kid in the 80's I used to buy alot of mags from them through mail order like Fangoria and Famous Monsters for a pretty good deal if you bought a few and they used to have one of those super cool ads in Fango for their store in Albany that really seemed to be like a mecha for horror freaks during the heyday of the mid to late 80's. Sadly I visited their store in the early 90's with fistfulls of cash ready to be spent and was sadenned to find that it was pretty picked through. Does anyone know if they have a store anymore?

They actually printed quite alot of stuff in the 80's from Deep Red magazine to tons of horror retrospectives in magazine format on everything from Zombies to Fulci to well just plain gore. Loved that stuff as a kid. Aw, the memories.