• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Action 1. I could pass up the key issue for high grade Supe 2 but not for an ugly looking Cap 1.

It's unfathomable to be that people are saying this is a tough choice. Cap #1 is a downright EASY book. Yeah, yeah, high grade, whatever. No way I'm taking anything short of a 9.6 Church Cap #1 over any complete non-brittle Action #1. In fact, any of you guys who claim you'd prefer the Cap #1 had better find an Action #1 for me, because I'm gonna move Heaven and Earth to find you a nice Cap #1.

I completely understand your position CentaurMan, but the Action 1 in this contest has issues that far exceed 2 binder ring holes which are most likely thru the entire book. The other issue is the IMO false grading by CGC of Unrestored vs. Restored. This book has glue AND color touch ( should be purple label...I don't care what anyone says on this issue...to the day I die, this will be a restored book)

So you really have the comparison of a low grade restored improperly labeled Action 1 to a high grade Unrestored Cap 1 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's unfathomable to be that people are saying this is a tough choice. Cap #1 is a downright EASY book. Yeah, yeah, high grade, whatever. No way I'm taking anything short of a 9.6 Church Cap #1 over any complete non-brittle Action #1. In fact, any of you guys who claim you'd prefer the Cap #1 had better find an Action #1 for me, because I'm gonna move Heaven and Earth to find you a nice Cap #1.

I completely understand your position CentaurMan, but the Action 1 in this contest has issues that far exceed 2 binder ring holes which are most likely thru the entire book. The other issue is the IMO false grading by CGC of Unrestored vs. Restored. This book has glue AND color touch ( should be purple label...I don't care what anyone says on this issue...to the day I die, this will be a restored book)

So you really have the comparison of a low grade restored improperly labeled Action 1 to a high grade Unrestored Cap 1 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll put it another way:

There's no possible Hulk #181 that I would choose instead of a Captain America #1. In the same vein, there's no possible Captain America #1 I would choose over an Action #1.

The books are incomparable. It's insulting to the Action #1 to even try and equate them, condition and restoration notwithstanding.

Ok, well I am the not so bright one....but I am taking the Cap #1 hands down.... 893whatthe.gif and purely from my own personal point of view and preference. Since I will likely never own either - if offered either and allowed to pick, no doubt I would take Cap #1.

Likely not a popular decision, but Supes just doesn't do it for me. I know.....lot of historical imporance to that issue, but I am still taking the Cap book..... cloud9.gif

Fire away.......I can take it! 27_laughing.gif

Ok, well I am the not so bright one....but I am taking the Cap #1 hands down.... 893whatthe.gif and purely from my own personal point of view and preference. Since I will likely never own either - if offered either and allowed to pick, no doubt I would take Cap #1.

Likely not a popular decision, but Supes just doesn't do it for me. I know.....lot of historical imporance to that issue, but I am still taking the Cap book..... cloud9.gif

Fire away.......I can take it! 27_laughing.gif

Look at it this way, go for the Action 1, sell it for a tidy sum and buy Captain America 1 and 2 in 8.0, or settle for a 6.0 CA1 and buy the remaining first 10 issues with the remainder ...

I'd take the Batman #1 first of all since I love Batman as you can see and I would take Action #1 over a Cap #1. I'd rather have a big key book that is hard to find than a big key book that is easier to find. Besides, Superman started it all

I'll put it another way:

There's no possible Hulk #181 that I would choose instead of a Captain America #1. In the same vein, there's no possible Captain America #1 I would choose over an Action #1.

The books are incomparable. It's insulting to the Action #1 to even try and equate them, condition and restoration notwithstanding.

I am no longer "on the fence"

Action #1 takeit.gif

Which would I choose? The Action 1, and the only reason so is that it is worth more money than this particular copy of Cap 1. That being said, I would immediately sell the Action 1 to buy comics that I like and collect. For me personally,over the decades, Action 1 just never excited me or pushed my buttons. I feel that the cover art is weak, and, well, boring. Not a big Supes fan either. Other keys like Bat 1, Tec 1, 27 excite me on any level though.