• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

This is like the Action #1, Cap #1 comparison, but a little less so. Mega key vs. lesser key, with a narrower spread.

'Tec #27 all day long.

my fault..I am slipping apparently...the whole point is for tough choices worthy of debate...not "no brainers"

How about these 2 high $40k's, high grade unrestored keys?

Which one would you choose?

1488692-subby-1.jpg

....or

1488692-funnies.jpg

MPFW for me!

1488692-funnies.jpg.cb4064118a374cd04f9621caacd535f8.jpg

my fault..I am slipping apparently...the whole point is for tough choices worthy of debate...not "no brainers"

no worries man, this has been one of my favorite threads, your doing a great job...

and I'll take the Sub-Mariner,.. what a great cover..

thedude.

I think I'd take the Detective #27. There are a few books in the hobby that do not experience the same price ceilings that most books do. Detective #27 (and Action Comics #1) are probably the only two that I can think of that definitely seem to break with that trend. The 4.0 copy of Detective #27 is probably a $90,000 book right now, and because it's a Detective 27, there is enough well-heeled demand for the first appearance of Batman that I don't think that this book would hit a price ceiling the way that a high grade (but not the highest grade) copy of the first appearance of Robin would. Now, if it were a question of this Detective 27 CGC 4.0 versus the Allentown copy of Detective 38, I'd have to go with the Allentown copy.

Tec VS. Tec ! both sold in the high $40k's about 3 years ago.

1488649-tec38.jpg

........or

1488649-tec27.jpg

for me, I wouldn't care if the Tec 38 was a 9.8.....I'm takin' the 27 !

Tec 27, no contest.

MPFW, no contest. It's the pay copy! What a piece of comic history. cloud9.gif

Ditto. MPFW for me!

A real show down here.......very low grade Mega-key VS. very high grade and gorgeous semi-key

both sold for the mid $30k's around 3 years ago. Beauty and the Beast !

1488979-action-1.jpg

....or

1488979-tec40.jpg

as a lover of beautiful comics book, I would have no choice here but to choose Clayface over Superman....I think...I don't know....I want my Mommy

1488979-tec40.jpg.af2098a3a172ae2085afd37d763880c4.jpg

Let's make it harder - both bought by me for $5,500:

Batman #1 MP PGX 6.0 (multi pieces added, major CT, trimmed, multi seals, cow pages):

Batman1.jpg

Tec #31 MP CGC 8.0 (colour touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned (tape stain on 17th, 18th and last page) OWW pages):

Tec31.jpg

Church Copy

actioncomics619.jpg

My old copy of Action #61 cloud9.gif I bought this from Gary Carter back in 1991 the same day I bought the Action #25 Mile High from him.

West

And CGC comic of the month 2 months ago. thumbsup2.gif