• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

hmm that is a tough group.. I'd take the Tec 31 because it is my fav. tec cover and because Batman #1 was trimmed..

As for the Actions, I'd take the Church #61 because I like the cover better and it has white pages!!

Don't be so sure that the Batman #1 is trimmed. It is just as likely that the cover just shrank during the cleaning and PGX just assumed that this meant the cover was trimmed. The added pieces get trimmed flush with the existing cover stock as part of the restoration process, but that's not the same thing as trimming an entire edge off of a book. PGX's resto detection skills are not as good as CGC's and this is one of those areas where I don't trust them to know the difference between an aqueously cleaned cover that has undergone dimensional changes and a cover that has actually been trimmed along an entire edge.

Can we see a large scan of the Batman #1? I'd like to take a closer look at it.

I knew that moldy 2.5 Action would make it's appearance here in this thread sooner or later..

it's moldy, it's stained, major foxing, cover chunk missing, overgraded, and totally disgusting...but, I'd still have to take it over a 'Tec 38.

Detective #31

and

Action #61 (extremely vibrant copy)

Edited by thedude

Church Copy

actioncomics619.jpg

My old copy of Action #61 cloud9.gif I bought this from Gary Carter back in 1991 the same day I bought the Action #25 Mile High from him.

West

Don't worry, West. That #61 is in a very good place right now... my safe, nestled in between your old Action #59 and More Fun #68. cloud9.gifpoke2.gifgrin.gif

these 2 high grade unrestored non-grails sold for $25,000 in 2002.

Which one would you choose...and why?

1490007-NYworld.jpg

.............or

1490007-wonderworld.jpg

for me...I think I'd have to go with the Wonderworld due it's striking cover, NM grade, highest graded copy status, and 1st appearance of The Flame

1490007-wonderworld.jpg.b828f3d117c57c349b7548c826387e77.jpg

1939 NYWF is a non-grail? I disagree. First published Sandman. That's at least worth "minor key" status. I'll take it over the Fox book.

1939 NYWF is a non-grail? I disagree. First published Sandman. That's at least worth "minor key" status. I'll take it over the Fox book.

OK minor key--agreed...but no way "grail". this book (NYWF) just seems to get no love...especially with the dominance of Adventure 40 (grail - no question)

Let's make it harder - both bought by me for $5,500:

Batman #1 MP PGX 6.0 (multi pieces added, major CT, trimmed, multi seals, cow pages):

Batman1.jpg

Tec #31 MP CGC 8.0 (colour touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned (tape stain on 17th, 18th and last page) OWW pages):

Tec31.jpg

Detective Comics 31. I love those pre-Robins.

Lou Fine > Sandman (a character i love, btw)

sumo.gif

For the past two:

NYWF vs. Wonderworld #3

NYWF: Why, 1939 Superman... blond, no less! Though, I would rather read the Wonderworld.

Resto Batman #1 vs. Resto 'Tec #31

Tec #31: Why, first it's probably a scarcer book than Bat #1 (correct me if I'm wrong here). Second, pre-Robin Bats is the way to go. Third, if this applies, there is more confidence in CGC's resto detection than PGX's. Lastly, the Bats #1 is trimmed...

Church Copy

actioncomics619.jpg

My old copy of Action #61 cloud9.gif I bought this from Gary Carter back in 1991 the same day I bought the Action #25 Mile High from him.

West

Don't worry, West. That #61 is in a very good place right now... my safe, nestled in between your old Action #59 and More Fun #68. cloud9.gifpoke2.gifgrin.gif

insane.gif

The wonder has a dust shadow and both books sold for ridiculous money in my opinion. I'd pass on both.

Too much money? yes.

Dust shadow? Having seen that copy and the Church copy, there's not much difference. It's that nice.