• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I'll pass on each of the last three comparisons.

I love the Tec 31 just not $17,000 for a 5.5

I also love the All-Star #8 but not $17,000 worth of love

The money on the next four books would preclude my interest completely in them.

Now if they were all FREE!

Tec 31

Action 25

Four Color

Adv 72. I've always wanted a really nice Burnley Starman cover. cloud9.gif

Tim's book went for 26K ? dang. I liked Duck Tales the cartoon but not that much.

gossip.gif If it were only Ducktales driving demand, it would have sold for less. A lot less.

here are 2 non-keys, big titles, mid grade, unrestored, and both sold for around $3,400. Which one would you choose, and why?

1503069-tec34.jpg

.................or

1503069-action6.jpg

I would go with the Action 6 on this one: 1st Jimmy Olsen, and it's one of the 1st few Action Comics.

1503069-action6.jpg.a3339920a9b7a6dd4400ea9ad9810ae4.jpg

hello all...

the Tec 34 is MUCH tougher to locate unrestored, especially in above Fn condition...Action 6's are more "common" comparitively speaking...so Tec 34 for me...

rick

ps-this tec 34 is being auctioned right now by metro

Edited by Detective27kid

here are 2 non-keys, big titles, mid grade, unrestored, and both sold for around $3,400. Which one would you choose, and why?

1503069-tec34.jpg

.................or

1503069-action6.jpg

I would go with the Action 6 on this one: 1st Jimmy Olsen, and it's one of the 1st few Action Comics.

I agree with you on this one Steve. Also Tec 34 is fairly common as compared to Action 6, or even the other pre-robin Tecs.

Interesting how Rick and I have the exact opposite take on the relative scarcity of the two books.

Edited by ciorac

I agree with you on this one Steve. Also Tec 34 is fairly common as compared to Action 6, or even the other pre-robin Tecs.

Interesting how Rick and I have the exact opposite take on the relative scarcity of the two books.

hello all...

my observation is limited to the past year ...bill, you have a mountain of past info, compared to my molehill...but, in the past year, I have seen at least 2x as many action 6's for sale in varying conditions, and very few tec 34's....now, in the grand scheme, I suspect tec 34 is more common, but looking at current market:

5 Action 6 have been offered or sold via comic link in past couple of months (heck, 4 of them are listed right now)...no Tec 34's (score 5-0)...Metro has one action 6 for sale, and one tec 34 (score 6-1)....I have seen 2 action 6's on ebay recently, one tec 34 (score 8-2), and I have seen multiple action 6 on heritage, and only two tec 34 ( one I just won last week).......Metro has one action 34 for auction now...so, I count 10+ action 6's in the past few months, and 4 tec 34's...just an observation

rick

Edited by Detective27kid

hello all...

my observation is limited to the past year ...bill, you have a mountain of past info, compared to my molehill...but, in the past year, I have seen at least 2x as many action 6's for sale in varying conditions, and very few tec 34's....now, in the grand scheme, I suspect tec 34 is more common, but looking at current market:

5 Action 6 have been offered or sold via comic link in past couple of months (heck, 4 of them are listed right now)...no Tec 34's (score 5-0)...Metro has one action 6 for sale, and one tec 34 (score 6-1)....I have seen 2 action 6's on ebay recently, one tec 34 (score 8-2), and I have seen multiple action 6 on heritage, and only two tec 34 ( one I just won last week).......Metro has one action 34 for auction now...so, I count 10+ action 6's in the past few months, and 4 tec 34's...just an observation

rick

Good observations Rick. You are right, I am going by what I've seen over the long haul. I've owned at least a dozen Tec 34's and only two Action 6's.

But, for some reason Action 6's seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days!

I've chased or put together the Pre-Boy Tecs a few times, and the 34 and 36 were always the first ones I would find.

I've chased or put together the Pre-Boy Tecs a few times, and the 34 and 36 were always the first ones I would find.

hello all..

and you know what is weird, I cannot find an unrestored tec 36 anywhere?....none on clink, metro has 2 restored ones, auctioning a restored one, I own a restored one, so I would say the 36 is the 3rd toughest (at least for me) unrestored tec (next to 28 and 29) to find out of all of them from 28-53...sign of the times?

rick

hello all..

and you know what is weird, I cannot find an unrestored tec 36 anywhere?....none on clink, metro has 2 restored ones, auctioning a restored one, I own a restored one, so I would say the 36 is the 3rd toughest (at least for me) unrestored tec (next to 28 and 29) to find out of all of them from 28-53...sign of the times?

rick

Must be. As you know I just sold an unrestored 34. Perhaps collectors are hanging onto their 36's right now.