• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I very much respect everyones opinion here, and realize this is a GA forum....but I am shocked at the number of members who choose the 1st appearance of Robin over the 1st appearance of Spider-Man in a smilialr grade....I don't care if the Tec 38 is the highest graded copy, and this AF15 is not......Robin could not carry Spider-Man's jock strap. Any NM 9.4 AF15 should trump even a 9.6 Tec 38 ---hypethetically

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I agree....no contest for me AF15 all the way on this one....

I very much respect everyones opinion here, and realize this is a GA forum....but I am shocked at the number of members who choose the 1st appearance of Robin over the 1st appearance of Spider-Man in a smilialr grade....I don't care if the Tec 38 is the highest graded copy, and this AF15 is not......Robin could not carry Spider-Man's jock strap. Any NM 9.4 AF15 should trump even a 9.6 Tec 38 ---hypethetically

Based on my extensive research into Batman and Robin, I can say with 100% certainty, Robin could (and in fact would like to) carry Spider-man's jock strap. acclaim.gif

I would go with the WM AF 15, soft 9.4 and all, since it would complement my little set of WMs.

AmazFantRunsm.jpg

Yeah, but those books have writing on them, so they're no better than VGs in my book.

Just kidding, that's the jealousy talking. hail.gif

I would go with the WM AF 15, soft 9.4 and all, since it would complement my little set of WMs.

AmazFantRunsm.jpg

Tough call for me too as I am both a Batman and Spiderman collector. I've owned 3 copies of AF #15's and I've enjoyed every single one of them. Even if I'll always back up a GA Detective Comics issue, I'd probably go for an AF #15 WM by a hair. I'd rather have Spiderman's first appearance then Robin's. And, I believe the AF #15 has a better appreciation in value than the Tec 38.

What a fabulous run. Heh, "Amazing -Adult- Fantasy" has a different tone these days doesn't it?

It does indeed.

And there now enough comics for adults these days that you don't need to advertise that as something special. In fact, the opposite is true -- you have to announce your comic as being good for little kids.

Well Ill answer for myself.

Im a Batman collector so.....

Spiderman is more popular.

But from a collecting standpoint a 9.4 Detective 38 is tuffer to find that a 9.4 AF15[in my opinion]

I think the white mountain is a tad over graded.

I do believe The Allentown copy is as good as it gets.I think there are a few copies better than the white mountain.

I think the Allentoen TEC 38 IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME SHOT that I missed out on.I do not believe a 9.4 AF15 is a once in a lifetime shot.There will be more opportunities.

My Batman collection is not complete with out Robin.

These are my reasons. No universal laws here

(Typos aside) I agree with action1kid all the way.

AF 15's are a dime a dozen compared to high grade pedigree key golden age.

Universal Law around these parts.

Based on my extensive research into Batman and Robin, I can say with 100% certainty, Robin could (and in fact would like to) carry Spider-man's jock strap. acclaim.gif

sign-funnypost.gif Or sniff it... 893whatthe.gif

Well Ill answer for myself.

Im a Batman collector so.....

Spiderman is more popular.

But from a collecting standpoint a 9.4 Detective 38 is tuffer to find that a 9.4 AF15[in my opinion]

I think the white mountain is a tad over graded.

I do believe The Allentown copy is as good as it gets.I think there are a few copies better than the white mountain.

I think the Allentoen TEC 38 IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME SHOT that I missed out on.I do not believe a 9.4 AF15 is a once in a lifetime shot.There will be more opportunities.

My Batman collection is not complete with out Robin.

These are my reasons. No universal laws here

(Typos aside) I agree with action1kid all the way.

AF 15's are a dime a dozen compared to high grade pedigree key golden age.

interesting stats for you:

Tec 38 has 25 graded copies, with the Allentown 9.4 as the highest graded

AF15 has 544 graded copies, including (5) 9.4's and (1) 9.6

......and I'd still choose the AF15 in 1/2 second over the Tec 38. Why? Because we are not comparing comparable books. Tec 38 is a GA key, and a popular/high demand issue, no doubt about it. AF15 is THE SA key, and addtionally one of the top Grail keys for the entire hobby, crossing over Age boundaries. It's Robin the Boy Wonder sleeping.gif vs. Spider-Man. acclaim.gif..he's on every kids underoos and lunchbox still to this day! When my kids ask for Robin underoos, then I may concede. tongue.gif

I'm surprised you say AF 15 is THE Silver Age key, given your user name.

my user name is by design.....Showcase 4 ( the book ) is the 1st Silver Age appearance of The Flash ( love that guy! ) AND the 1st Silver Age book. As a collector of historically important comics, the "1st SA book" aspect is a big deal. With that said, the marketplace has chosen AF15 as the "big one".

I'm surprised you say AF 15 is THE Silver Age key, given your user name.

my user name is by design.....Showcase 4 ( the book ) is the 1st Silver Age appearance of The Flash ( love that guy! ) AND the 1st Silver Age book. As a collector of historically important comics, the "1st SA book" aspect is a big deal. With that said, the marketplace has chosen AF15 as the "big one".

Agreed! AF15 is the clear Supremo Silver age book.