• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

my user name is by design.....Showcase 4 ( the book ) is the 1st Silver Age appearance of The Flash ( love that guy! ) AND the 1st Silver Age book.

I think you'll find that statement is debateable. poke2.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...rt=all&vc=1

popcorn.gif

I think our entire hobby needs to get organized, and get its definitions and its act together! I don't think the coins, stamps, and baseball card hobbies have the lack of clarity that we do............

we can't define a comic book

we can't define clear starting and ending years that define "ages"

we can't pick which Silver and Bronze age comics were 1st

we can't clearly define all that is restoration or restoration removal

we have blue labels with "small amount of glue and color touch" on them

my VF is your VF/NM and someone elses F++

.......don't get me wrong...I still wouldn't collect anything else wink.gif

I very much respect everyones opinion here, and realize this is a GA forum....but I am shocked at the number of members who choose the 1st appearance of Robin over the 1st appearance of Spider-Man in a smilialr grade....I don't care if the Tec 38 is the highest graded copy, and this AF15 is not......Robin could not carry Spider-Man's jock strap. Any NM 9.4 AF15 should trump even a 9.6 Tec 38 ---hypethetically

I think the problem is Robin would want to carry Spidey's jock strap. Its AF#15 in a walk for so many reasons. I always hated Robin especially in the GA era when things just got a little too wierd for my taste. I'd take a soft 9.2 copy of the AF#15 over the Tec any day.

hello all...

MF 53 for me, too...easy choice for me, as I have never been a Cap fan, so spectre by default....

rick

Edited by Detective27kid

Ok...we now have 7 votes for Cap 1, and 3 votes for More Fun 53.

I am no longer on the fence......Cap 1 for me too! ( the majority can't be wrong grin.gif )

I fell in love with the 9.6 / gorgoues cover and condition of the More Fun. I have also never been a Cap fan....he just doesn't do it for me for some reason...he seems like or is a one time key Superhero who has died off in popularity over the years. Addtionally, I have always been madly in love with the More Fun title, and think it is one of the greatest of the GA by far. The Spectre is much more exciting to me as a character than Cap America.....he reminds me of the 80's show The Great American Hero. tongue.gif

Ok...we now have 7 votes for Cap 1, and 3 votes for More Fun 53.

I am no longer on the fence......Cap 1 for me too! ( the majority can't be wrong grin.gif )

I fell in love with the 9.6 / gorgoues cover and condition of the More Fun. I have also never been a Cap fan....he just doesn't do it for me for some reason...he seems like or is a one time key Superhero who has died off in popularity over the years. Addtionally, I have always been madly in love with the More Fun title, and think it is one of the greatest of the GA by far. The Spectre is much more exciting to me as a character than Cap America.....he reminds me of the 80's show The Great American Hero. tongue.gif

Steve??? What the?

Captain America is still popular!! Remember Avengers #4? Heck he WAS the Avengers. Secret Wars, Civil War, etc. Cap is still the man!

Spectre had a nice revival with Tom Mandrake in the 90's, and the short lived silver age title, plus those cool ones in Aventure, but heck as much as I loved him as a golden age character he in NO WAY compares to the longevity and popularity of Captain America.

Remember Avengers #4? Heck he WAS the Avengers. Secret Wars, Civil War, etc. Cap is still the man!

I hear you...I'm just not feeling any love for him. Batman, The Flash, Superman, The Sandman, The Human Torch and Subby....I find them to be top shelf, and Captain America very mid shelf. Just a personal thing...maybe not a marketplace agreed upon thing.

I would probably take the Cap 1. If however you were talking about that Cap 1 vs the More Fun 53 CGC 9.6 Mile High (as opposed to the CGC 9.6 Rockford listed in the example) I might have a different answer.