• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Cap thumbsup2.gif

Subby thumbsup2.gif

Torch thumbsup2.gif

The Destroyer thumbsup2.gif

Kids sleeping.gif

27_laughing.gif yeah, kid books are brutal. Newsboy Legion anyone? insane.gif

Brutal!

But, weirdly, I would like a copy of Star Spangled #7, it is a pretty cool S&K book. I'd pass on the rest of the run though.

So $9,200 for the Timely and only $6900 for the Action is explicable how? Did people get turned off by the 8.5 grade?

I can tell you first hand that the #59 shows much much better than 8.5. Not atypical for Church copies. The book is gorgeous. Win, whenever we can get together for a cocktail in the near future, I'll show it to you.

So $9,200 for the Timely and only $6900 for the Action is explicable how? Did people get turned off by the 8.5 grade?

I think this is a an example showing that all it takes is 2 guys who really want something ( die hard Timely collectors ), and it could drive the price way up in any given auction for a particular book. Same book on a different day / different bidders, and the Action could have easily surpassed the Timely in its final price.

Another example that everything is in the timing...."any given Sunday"

I saw the YA way back when before it was imprisoned and it has very delicate coloring that is appealling in person, out of the slab. I'm sure part of the price driver is that it is one of a handful of Church Timely super-hero books available. If you want one, you're gonna pay...

I'm torn on this one -- I'd have to see them side by side to choose. If I had to choose without that I'd lean to the YA by a hair.

Young I will take a gorgeous cover timely #1 all day against a run of the mill action.

what percentage ( estimate ) of GA collectors are die hard Timely collectors?....

5%?

10% ?

25% ?

What defines "die-hard"? Someone who would shell out serious money for Tough Kid Squad # 1 and Young Allies # 1 and the like?

Count me out. tongue.gif

both of these EXTREMELY HIGH DEMAND 27_laughing.gif books sold for approx. $4,800. Which one would you choose, and why?

1534338-tough.jpg

......................or

1534338-batman11.jpg

forget that drop dead gorgeuos Classic Cover investment grade Batman with white pages.....restored Tough Kid Squad for me!

1534338-batman11.jpg.839e1332a7a39959e18e3c132c0c64a2.jpg

I can tell you first hand that the #59 shows much much better than 8.5. Not atypical for Church copies. The book is gorgeous. Win, whenever we can get together for a cocktail in the near future, I'll show it to you.

893whatthe.gif Congrats! I'm happy to hear that book's a good home, and you got a hell of a deal on it too. And yes, we definitely have to get some drinks. Drinks rule.

Batman 11 is a true classic cover. Probably the best Golden Age Joker cover.

I'm with DK on this one and for the same reason.