• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Here's a competition you don't see every day.....restored key Tec vs. highest graded unrestored Duck ! Both of these books sold for approx. $5,300. The Four Color Duck is the highest graded copy, and has an Overstreet Guide price of $675 in NM- / it sold for 7.8 times Guide. Which one would you choose, and why?

1540067-duck.jpg

....................or

1540067-tec38.jpg

possibly to the suprise of some of you, I consider this non-key Duck sale to be a fluke, and would choose the restored Tec 38...a rare choice for me as a non-PLOD collector, and a huge Four Color Duck fan.

Um, I thought for sure it would be a FC #178 I think I have used a #282 for packaging material. stooges.gif I am not fond at all of restored books, but, I'll take the Tec. #38

.... let's have a battle of two $100,000 Mega-keys! Both of these books sold in 2006 for approx. $100k. ( give or take a few $thousand )

The Marvel is a November issue with graders notes of "small amount of glue on spine". Which one would you choose, and why?

1540117-marvel-1.jpg

.......................or

1540117-bat-1.jpg

for me, a big no brainer ( although I don't think all will agree with me ). If I have 1/10th of 1 million dollars on the line, I am not going to choose a 2nd printing of an improperly blue labeled slightly restored book that should be sporting a purple label.....I choose the Batman 1 in 1/2 of 1 second!

If the Marvel did not have glue on the spine, I would choose that book. The shade of blue doesn't bother me, because it commonly varies in this issue. Because of the glue, I'll take the Batman #1.

The only thing more galling than to compare these two books, is that someone paid $5300 for that Duck.

Yeah, wait until the Poughkeepsie copies hit the market one day and there's 20 9.8's out there. foreheadslap.gif

Not a big fan of Robin and I dig Barks, but this one's a no brainer. Tec 38 in a landslide.

Very sad story about the history of that Larson Marvel 1. frown.gif

That Batman 1 is just gorgeous and one of the highest graded unrestored copies out there - I'd take it in a heartbeat.

.... let's have a battle of two $100,000 Mega-keys! Both of these books sold in 2006 for approx. $100k. ( give or take a few $thousand )

The Marvel is a November issue with graders notes of "small amount of glue on spine". Which one would you choose, and why?

1540117-marvel-1.jpg

.......................or

1540117-bat-1.jpg

for me, a big no brainer ( although I don't think all will agree with me ). If I have 1/10th of 1 million dollars on the line, I am not going to choose a 2nd printing of an improperly blue labeled slightly restored book that should be sporting a purple label.....I choose the Batman 1 in 1/2 of 1 second!

Batman #1 in a tenth of a second! thumbsup2.gif

i take the bat as well. as soon as it comes in, i break it out to get inside, as i just GOTTA know what batman has in store for the boy once they get back to the cave in light of those looks they're exchanging. man, it would be hard for me to become a dc collector [other than my little deal with the spectre covers].

This should be an interesting match up.....(my last 2 were both blow outs tongue.gif). Both of these books sold for approx. $12,600. Which one would you choose, and why?

1540550-bat23.jpg

..................or

1540550-fanastic3.jpg

For me.....Fantastic 3 all the way. It is a TOUGH book to find in any condition, much less F-, and is one of the top GA Classic Covers out there.....one of the best works by Lou Fine! We have alot of Batman fans that post here, so it should be interesting to see if anyone else joins me on the Classic Cover / scarce bandwagon.

1540550-fanastic3.jpg.72cd97c9ca8dbb9a3160b1e6f0ec2052.jpg

hello all...

Batman 1 and tec 38 for obvious reasons, and I will "suprise" a few, that I agree with Fantastic 3 versus a batman/joker high grade....that book is a beaut

rick