• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Without a doubt.F3. Hey, does anybody know how the stories are in that book? It's such an iconic cover and you see the image so often, but I've never actually seen one, whereas I've read all the golden age batman.

Funny enough, the Samson story in Fantastic Comics #4 matches up with #3's classic cover. A deranged inventor creates an army of giant red robots and sells them to a dictator, and Samson has to smash them all. It's an entertaining but pretty typical early Fox story, not a masterpiece but fun enough.

Without a doubt.F3. Hey, does anybody know how the stories are in that book? It's such an iconic cover and you see the image so often, but I've never actually seen one, whereas I've read all the golden age batman.

Generally speaking, the stories in early Fox books are pretty disappointing given the extremely high quality of the front covers. Pretty standard early GA superhero fare. Interesting for students of the genre, not so much for people looking for truly good reads.

More than compensated for by the outstanding covers, though.

Not directed at any one person but I don't see what the big deal is with "a spot of glue on the cover". This is a gorgeous Marvel #1 and if the glue is obvious not there to improve or shore up the book, maybe just residue from who knows what, then who cares? If the spot of glue drops the price tage by $10,000-$20,000 then whomever is the owner probbaly got a good deal on this book.

These two books sold a few years apart, but I suspect the current prices would be fairly close. Classic Cap cover vs.an Action that is the highest graded copy. Which would you choose:

810006023o.jpg

801023055o.jpg

Tough choice, but I'll surprisingly lean towards the Cap #3. Too cool a cover to pass on, even for a high grade Action.

very tough choice Brian, ...that Cap #3 is a very cool clasic cover.,.. but at 7.0, I feel it would be easier to get another copy close to that grade, as where the Action #58 at 9.4,.. would be alot harder to top.. plus it will look great along with my other Actions...

I'll take the Action #58.

I'd go for the Cap although a top census, pedigree copy of a main stream title like Action Comics is kind fo apples and oranges when it comes to comparing books. I see that there is no longer a 7.0 in the census. Who owns the 9.4 copy of the Cap #3 and what would it sell for today. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I sold the 9.4 Cap #3 about 10 years ago.

S

I'd go for the Cap although a top census, pedigree copy of a main stream title like Action Comics is kind fo apples and oranges when it comes to comparing books. I see that there is no longer a 7.0 in the census. Who owns the 9.4 copy of the Cap #3 and what would it sell for today. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I sold the 9.4 Cap #3 about 10 years ago.

S

Buried in a Verzyl/Geppi like collection no doubt. Love to see more scans of high grade Timley's like this.

These two books sold a few years apart, but I suspect the current prices would be fairly close. Classic Cap cover vs.an Action that is the highest graded copy. Which would you choose:

810006023o.jpg

801023055o.jpg

Tough choice, but I'll surprisingly lean towards the Cap #3. Too cool a cover to pass on, even for a high grade Action.

The Cap is awesome, and I love Timelys, but I'm having a hard time passing on that Action in 9.4. Call is Supes by a hair.

This should be an interesting match up.....(my last 2 were both blow outs tongue.gif). Both of these books sold for approx. $12,600. Which one would you choose, and why?

1540550-bat23.jpg

..................or

1540550-fanastic3.jpg

For me.....Fantastic 3 all the way. It is a TOUGH book to find in any condition, much less F-, and is one of the top GA Classic Covers out there.....one of the best works by Lou Fine! We have alot of Batman fans that post here, so it should be interesting to see if anyone else joins me on the Classic Cover / scarce bandwagon.

I may be the only one, but I'm going to choose the Batman #23 because the cover is very appealing to me, and it's high grade.